“Excellent Food, Fun Atmosphere, Attentive Service”

Restaurant Marrakesh
Ranked #185 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Ft Walton Beach, FL
“Excellent Food, Fun Atmosphere, Attentive Service”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

We had not eaten at Marrakesh for several years and my wife decided she wanted to try it again for her birthday dinner and we were not disappointed. From the time we got to the entry hall until we left, the entire staff were extremely friendly, courteous, and helpful. Our dining experience was very much enhanced by our very personable waiter, Mounir. He promptly arrived at our table, discussed the menu in detail, described each of the Moroccan wines and showed us on a map the various regions they originated and then left for us to make our decision. He returned after an appropriate time (with our wine), asked if we had any questions, and suggested a goat cheese appetizer to start our meal. The appetizer arrived promptly and was absolutely excellent. My wife and both like good lamb so we both ordered the Lamb shank couscous which turned out to be a great decision. It was well prepared, fall off the bone tender, and superb flavor. About half way through our meal, Mounir showed up with some hot mint tea which was a great accompaniment toward the end of the meal. Mounir was very attentive without being obtrusive. He was a wealth of knowledge about Moroccan cooking explaining the influence of various Mediterranean cultures on Moroccan cuisine.

The restaurant itself was authentically decorated and the live music and belly dancer (G-rated) were an excellent touch to the atmosphere! It's slightly on the expensive side but well worth it.

If you are looking for something a little more exotic than most of us can get at home, this restaurant is a wonderful way to enjoy the taste of a different culture. Definitely visit for lunch or dinner, we will be back again.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank JKB1989

Gilbert, Arizona
“Meh. Not the most exciting dining experience”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Look, this wasn't the worst experience in the world. The problem was, it wasn't an EXPERIENCE. We only booked two 'nice' dinners on our Disney trip, and this was on our last night and we were excited. We were surprised when we showed up for our 6:30pm reservation that the place was only half full. The music and belly dancer were performing as we sat down, and by the time we ordered drinks, they were done. Our waiter suggested a (very good) goat cheese appetizer that arrived promptly. We settled in to chat, sip interesting beers, and wait for the entertainment to start back up when our main meal showed up. I would guess it had only been about 5 minutes since we ordered (which also made us wonder if everything is just sitting in the back pre-made and thrown on a plate). We hadn't even had a chance to enjoy the appetizer. We ate run of the mill type food (nothing too authentic to Morocco here) and were done. I'm telling you, we were done so fast the music never started up again. The (very large) bill was promptly dropped at the table and WOOSH! we were gone. We were outside wondering just what happened because it happened so fast. We have done Boma at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and that was AMAZING, interesting African food in a gorgeous hotel. We did the Biergraten German dinner one night, and that was a really fun experience with great entertainment. This trip to Restaurant Marrakesh had neither great food nor a fun experience. I'd skip this one for sure.

• Visited March 2014
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
“Good food, Great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I ate here as we didn't want to eat in a restaurant that served food we could get elsewhere. Neither of us were sure what to expect, and weren't sure what couscous was, and pretty much every meal comes with this. I ordered the beef couscous. It comes with a generous portion of beef, very tender, on a bed of couscous, carrots, zucchini, and sweet potato. It was good all together, but by itself I was not a fan of couscous, but that is just my own preference. My boyfriend ordered the marrakesh feast. It comes with a beef and veggie soup, some kind of pastry filled with beef with cinnamon and powdered sugar on top which was good, a dinner of various meats, and bahklava for dessert. He enjoyed it all other than the bahklava that he wasnt a fan of, but again, personal preference.

The atmosphere was great, two men playing music, and a dancer that entertained the entire time. She even pulled the little girls up with her and taught them.

Great place to experience a new meal.

Visited February 2014
Miami Lakes, Florida, United States
“Amazing lamb...A must have! ”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We came January 2nd to this place 45 mins before park closed. It's very hidden and mysterious, the employees are weird but who isn't when their from a different country. When the food was brought out I swear I thought I was in heaven... I will always go to this place everytime for dinner when I'm at epcot! Been here 3 times since then... Love it!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Expensive, but very good”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Like all of Disney's full service sit down restaurants, it's on the expensive side, but it was a fantastic meal that our entire family enjoyed. Service was pretty good, reasonably quick. I've been in a number of other Morrocan restaurants and while the food wasn't as good as those, for mass produced large restaurant fare it was on the higher end of the scale.

If you are looking for more exotic flavors than you get at home, this is a good option.

Visited February 2014