“A hidden gem in Epcot!”

Ranked #165 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 11, 2013

For those who enjoy Moroccan food, this place is a hidden gem in Epcot. We always try to dine here. Although we did have reservations, we saw several parties without reservations being seated with a very short wait. The restaurant is tucked away in the back of the Morocco area so you need to wander back past stores, etc. The food is very good. Our server was very pleasant and efficient without being intrusive. There are musicians and a belly dancer which add to the atmosphere and makes this place especially fun. The decor and the location make it feel like you are not in a theme park restaurant.

2  Thank nurabbit
There are newer reviews for Restaurant Marrakesh

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I dined at Restaurant Marrakesh on Saturday night, September 7th, 2013 during our vacation to WDW. We did not have reservations but were able to walk right in and be seated immediately. We first went up to the stand that was set up in the Morocco area and asked the young lady about it, and she was very friendly and said it may be about 10 minutes. She asked for my husband's name and wrote it in Arabic on a card to take inside. She asked for my name too so that she could write my name in Arabic on a card too! We both got to keep our cards as keepsakes - really cool. We took the cards inside and showed them to the hostess, and she seated us immediately - no wait at all. The atmosphere here is really nice - it's like an old palace. All of the servers are very friendly and very attentive. There was one young man who seemed to be in charge of all drinks and putting the bread on the table. Our main waiter was very pleasant and happy to explain the menu. I ordered the Shish Kebabs and my husband ordered the Beef Couscous. My food was delicious and the portions were just right for me, however, I eat very small amounts of food before I get full. Most people would probably still be hungry after eating what I ate. My husband had a large plate of food and couldn't eat it all. For dessert, I ordered the Bastilla for One and my husband asked if he could just have some fruit since he isn't big on sweets. They were happy to accommodate and brought him a fruit salad. He said it was delicious. The Bastilla for One was pretty good - it was unique and hard to explain. As far as price is concerned, we were on the dining plan so it didn't affect us, but all table service meals at Disney are expensive. You can always check out the prices ahead of time on the Disney world website since they list the menus and prices for all of their restaurants. Our drinks stayed filled during the meal and we never had to ask for that because the servers were so attentive. For a Saturday night it was pretty quiet in there, then again we were visiting during the slowest week of the year. There was a group playing beautiful Moroccan music when we came in, and then they took a break at some point during the meal. When we were leaving, they came back out and so did a belly dancer which was neat. Service, food, and atmosphere were all fantastic and I highly recommend this restaurant if you are visiting Epcot.

4  Thank Kelli B
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had reservations for 12:30 and were among the first to arrive for lunch. We were just in time for the belly dancer and musicians. The lunch special was posted outside the restaurant and was a good value at $19.95 for an appetizer, entrée and dessert. The appetizer was a salad with a "beef roll" that was similar to an egg roll stuffed with ground beef and sprinkled with cinnamon and powdered sugar. The entrée was 2 chicken kabobs with vegetables, served on a bed of rice. Dessert was a plate consisting of 2 Baklava pastries and another Moroccan pastry drizzled with honey. The service was excellent and the food delicious. The atmosphere authentic and well air-conditioned -- a welcome treat after a hot morning at Epcot. I highly recommend Marrakesh and would love to eat there again.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

It may be crowded and noisy in peak seasons, but it is very Moroccan and does not feel like a theme park restaurant. There may be more elegant restaurants in the Canadian and French areas, but I'll bet the food is just as good at Marrakesh, and a lot more fun. Couscous, tagines, bistella, lamb shank, yum! Live music, belly dancer, and even Moroccan wines. Tried a white and a red--not bad at all (coming from a Northern Californian).

2  Thank Robert D
Reviewed September 6, 2013

restaurant decor exquisite . . . hand carved and colorful . . . waiters responsive, but not annoying . . . food spectacular . . . bastilla provided the perfect blend of cinnamon and powdered sugar, , , chicken tangine fellow off the bone . . . a very well kept secret . . . too tucked away in the Moroccan exhibit, but well worth the walk though the aromatic passages . . .

1  Thank shef47