“Good food and great atmosphere”

Restaurant Marrakesh
Ranked #141 of 3,931 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2013

On our recent Disney trip, we chose Marakkesh for dinner for a change of pace. It was great fun. There is live music, and a belly dancer who will ask the children to come up and dance with her. My daughter loved that, and it was great fun to watch. My husband ordered the Royal Feast to get a variety of dishes, and even on the dining plan, if you choose one of the 'feasts' there is a surcharge, so be aware of that. He enjoyed the lamb, and the appetizers, the seafood bastille, and said the chicken was just ok. I opted for the lamb shank, and while it was good enough, it was a heavy dish. The kids' meals were standard Disney choices. I would recommend Marrakesh for a change of pace and for good atmosphere, but I doubt we'll choose to eat here again for dinner

1  Thank BRMom3
Write a ReviewReviews (1,205)

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Recently some friends and I dined here while enjoying a day at Epcot, and it was easily the best meal I've had all year. Walking through the bazaar in the Moroccan pavilion prepares you for an exotic experience. The restaurant's decor and atmosphere make you feel as if you've stepped into the movie Casablanca. The wait staff are unfailingly warm and friendly, and provide quick, capable service. (We received a visit from the chef because of a dietary restriction, making the experience even more special.) Throughout the meal a band of musicians played soothing music, and a belly dancer periodically performed for the diners, drawing some brave kids up to try the dancing for themselves.

The food was out of this world, wonderfully flavored dishes served in generous portions. I had the Taste of Morocco Royal Feast, a prix fixe dinner that included salad, a seafood pastry appetizer, braised lemon chicken and roasted lamb meshoui as twin entrees (the latter was so tender it was literally falling off the bone), couscous with steamed vegetables, and delicious pastries like baklava and several others I wasn't familiar with. The hot mint tea was a perfect accompaniment. My friends ordered different dishes, and they were likewise thrilled with their selections. My only regret was that there was too much food for me to eat every bite.

I highly recommend making a reservation here any time you're visiting Epcot.

1  Thank mattthebruinsfan
Reviewed June 26, 2013

It felt pretty authentic, though I wouldn't know because I haven't been there! They had live drums, a belly dancer, and the decor was fantastic. The food was good, and the options were plentiful. The service was too rushed, but it was worth it. Those that aren't excited by cultural exposure may hate it, but it could be good for them, too!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We opted for Morrocan Food at Epcot and thouroughly enjoyed Our meal with a nice table right in front of the musicians and belly dancer... Our waitress was very nice and attentive and even put a fez on our heads when asking her to make a photograph. The Morrocan wine was a Nice surprise.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

What a great place! We made a reservation and were lucky enough to make it in time for the last belly dancer of the night. Everyone in my family enjoyed their meal. What really made our night special was our server, Mustafa. He had such a great personality, and he even wrote my sister's name in Arabic for her. Loved our evening in "Morocco" :)