“Just a nibble.....”

Ranked #140 of 3,931 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

IT WAS SOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!! Unfortunately, my wife insisted on eating in France before hand. We are talking about Epcot ofcourse, but if you're in Vegas, find Marrakesh.....best resturant off the Strip.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,205)

Reviewed May 8, 2013

3.5 rating for food, But lots of fun and very interesting. My favorite thing I had the last year I was here was a delicate pastry appetizer filled with ground beef and topped with powdered sugar and cinnamon, so I was really looking forward to it again. We were so disappointed. This time the pastry was tough; ground beef dry and flavorless. (see pic).

The preserved lemon chicken I had was pretty good, but it was not falling-apart tender and could have used more flavor. I didn't really taste the garlic or lemon. (see pic) The fish with tomatoes and peppers my husband had was pretty good too, but again kind of mushy; didn't look like pic on website menu. (see pic) The olives in each of these dishes were not very good. They tasted like olives you'd get out of a can or jar at any grocery store here. Nothing beats the olives you get in Morocco.

That said, the Morocco section at Epcot took me back to Morocco with the smells, the mosaics, the lamps (pic), sweet mint green tea (pic), friendly Moroccans...except that the prices of some of the items at the shops are about 500% higher than you'd pay at the real Morocco. I'd like to try something other than the chicken or the fish the next time. Something more exotic. There are many interesting things to try on the menu.

For dessert, I had the bastilla pastry, but it was sitting in a lake of the cream sauce. A little too much of the sauce. (see pic) I'd get something else the next time.

The service was very warm and friendly, even for Disney. The live music is great. The belly dancing was amusing. Maybe kind of hokey. But the dancer always gets the kids up with her to dance at the end, so it's fun for the kids.

1  Thank CalJackJD
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our party of 6 reserved 120 days ahead and I think it paid off as we had a prime seat at the dance floor for our 6PM reservation. A loud restaurant with the music, people and groups but all part of the flair. The market leading up to the restaurant was wonderful (nice jewelry) and we were seated almost instantly. The cocktails are just glorified fruit juice but the gentlemen in our party liked their authentic moroccan beer. Our Moroccan wine choice was great too! The adults got the feasts each and shared and the kids had 'moroccan style pasta' but it was essentially spaghetti with meatballs. They were happy but I was hoping for something more authentic on their scale. Oh well... We loved it all and would go back for: beef or seafood bastilla, harira soup (especially with lemon juice on it), lamb shank and the sausage. Couscous and the salad were standard fare. Our servers were very pleasant but with the 2 musicians and the belly dancer we didn't engage much. She was fantastic doing a show/hour (so we caught 2!) and the little kids loved to join her. GREAT entertainment and a wonderful night.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

It was my husband's first time in Disney and being from Morocco, I thought he'd love to check out Restaurant Marrakesh. The decor was spot on - just like Fes, Morocco. He was astounded by the ambiance and absolutely thrilled by the musicians and belly dancer! Very entertaining :)

The food was great and for Disney... we thought it was quite reasonably priced. We shared the Goat Cheese with Crispy Bread as an appetizer and it was DELICIOUS! I noticed almost every other table ordering this as well. I tried the Chicken Kebabs which were perfectly seasoned and tasted authentic. My mom went for the Couscous M'Rouzia Fassi which is a dish we tried many time in Morocco - she really enjoyed this. My husband ordered the Sultan's dish which included a few different menu items. He was very pleased with his meal as well.

I would highly recommend this restaurant as everything is truly Moroccan, from the food to the entertainment to the service. I had read reviews on here knocking the service but I must disagree, I thought everyone was attentive and super nice.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Spices and sweet delicate meals in a grandiose palace with live band and a belly dancer. The diner for two will cost the same as the entry to Epcot for two adults, but it is worth it.