“A very enjoyable evening”

Restaurant Marrakesh
Ranked #207 of 3,763 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ashland, Oregon
“A very enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was a "default" restaurant as we were not able to get in our first and second choices. However, it must have been good karma because this restaurant turned out to be one of our favorites. The waiter was delightful and very helpful with the selections since the menu was almost overwhelming. The food was good and I really want the recipe for the lentil stew/soup as it was the ultimate comfort food. I had a nice Moroccan wine, and my daughter had the sangria which was not as sweet as a Spanish sangria and a perfect compliment to the food. Don't pass this place up if you are at Epcot.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank debkits

Boston
“Great food and fun experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

We found the food here very good. The restaurant feels like you are really in Morocco. The waiters are courteous, one came over and wrote my son's name in arabic letters. There was a bellydancer in the middle of the room and live music. Some little girls came up and danced with her.

Visited March 2013
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Great Middle Eastern food but wait staff a little gruff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Had a nice lunch here on our last day in Disney World. My wife and I both had the lunch special which was very good... Kebobs. The only downside to the experience was the wait staff .. From the table choice to the manner in which they took our order and then provided the food was as if they were doing us a favor. The place was almost empty so not sure the reason for this feeling.
We had been here before for lunch in 2000 and had a wonderful time, great food, service, belly dancer etc so not quite sure what has happened. May or may not try again with so many options but the food is good so we shall see.

Salt Lake City
“Good, Albeit a Little Underwhelming”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

The food and the service at this place were excellent, but we were a little disappointed at our seating location. We had made a reservation in advance, and it took more than 20 minutes to get a table, and then the location was next to a busing station in the corner, and we could not get a good view of the floor show. When we asked for a different seating location, we were told we would have to wait another 30 minutes. Ugh. My advice is to state your expectations up front on seating. The food, as I said, was excellent -- flavorful and fresh.

Visited March 2013
Ottawa
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

It was my decision to try this restaurant during our recent Walt Disney World vacation and I was a little nervous about taking my family there. We are not foodies and have not had a lot of experience with ethnic food, but I had decided we needed to try some new restaurants during this trip. I was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience. My husband and I truly enjoyed our dinner. My adult son, 21, was less enthusiastic.

Our waiter was friendly and attentive and when we expressed a desire to try some authentic food, he was very patient and helpful with recommendations and explanations. My husband and I both chose a "feast" that was a set menu of 3 courses, with an entree platter that provided a taste of several dishes. I had mentioned my inability to eat anything too spicy, to be given the reassurance that morrocan cuisine is flavourfull, not spicy. Part of my entree was a lamb sausage that I found to be extremely spicy, but I am very sensitive to this, so it may not be so to others. Other than that I found the food to be very good and accessible. Perhaps they "dumb" down the cuisine to appeal to more people, but I appreciated the flavours all the same.

The music was nice and the belly dancer was fun to watch. She performed a few songs and encouraged children to join her for one. The live music only lasted about 15 to 20 minutes or so, which was more than enough. It seemed like they repeat the performance every hour.

This is a lovely restaurant with interesting food. A little hard to find at the back of the pavilion, but definitely worth a try.

• Visited January 2013