“Good but...”

Ranked #144 of 3,898 Restaurants in Orlando
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is a sit down Morracan restaurant at Epcot, disneyworld. The food was good, the belly dancer and music fun but the selection very typical and boring. We love middle eastern/Mediterranean food but our choices were lemon chicken or shish-kabob. Not very inspired. As we walked by the counter restaurant it had much more fun and different choices. Next time---we eat there.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,172)

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stopped by for lunch and ordered the lunch special (Appetizer, entrée, and desert) for $20 per person. Appetizer consisted of a salad and a beef roll (powdered sugar outside); the main dish had two chicken kebobs on a bed of rice. For desert they give you an assortment of small baklavas (veryyyyyyy good)!!! The hostess and the wait staff were fun and very helpful, and the dancer and two musicians were entertaining. I recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice lunch or dinner at the park.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I had a late lunch at Marrakesh and thought the food was OK. Not the best Moroccan food I've ever had but not bad either. I don't think I would go there again. Not that it was bad, it just wasn't good enough to make me want to try it again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have eaten at Moroccan restaurants before and my party was looking forward to sampling exotic and flavorful dishes. Moroccan food exhibits an extensive variety as the country has been influenced by many different ethnic groups and religions – it is a true melting pot of cultures and cuisines. My son ordered the goat cheese appetizer followed by the chicken kabob. The appetizer was excellent and if it is offered in the counter service restaurant in the front of the Morocco section, give it a try. My wife had the royal feast and I had the Marrakesh feast – a sampling of two appetizers, three meats and assorted baklava for dessert. It was all fresh and very good. This was paired with a French “merlot style” wine at $8 per glass. The meal was unhurried and we got to enjoy the musicians and belly dancer for two sets.

1  Thank Grendyl
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Having eaten my share of French, Japanese and Italian, I wanted to be able to say I'd tasted this type of food (even thought it was at Epcot), however culturally inaccurate or accurate it was. From the hostess(es) and waitstaff, I was treated to a gleeful enthusiasm, asked a few times, "have you been here," and "are you ready to try food from my country?" Yes! I was, and was touched by the excitment. By then the live music and belly dancing had begun, and I was truly in the mood. I opted for a mint tea, and a house cous cous with stewed beef and prunes. It was an amazing mix of texture, and a sweet/savory balance of flavors. Desserts were pistachio and orange-blossom honey laden phylo dough treats. A nice, light ending to a great sampling of Moraccan food.

1  Thank Hodork