“Went with a group, had a blast!”

Sleuths Mystery Dinner Shows
Book In Advance
More Info
$57.99*
and up
Sleuth's Mystery Dinner Show, Orlando
Ranked #12 of 71 Concerts & Shows in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: You are invited to step into the world of comedy, mystery and intrigue at Sleuths Mystery Dinner Shows. You will mingle with unusual characters…watch out! The action is fast and the laughter is contagious as you become the detective and solve the crime through a live interrogation! You’ll enjoy appetizers, salad, choice of delicious dinner (Cornish Hen, Cheese Lasagna with or without Meatballs or Prime Rib for an additional charge), choice of mystery dessert and unlimited beer, wine and soft drinks. Fantastic group rates for parties of 15 or more. Great for all ages! Shows can also travel to the location of your choice! Call for reservations
Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Went with a group, had a blast!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I've read reviews that called the show 'cheesy' but my group had a great time. We've done other dinner shows and none are Broadway quality so if that is what you are looking for forget this place. If you like to laugh and have an enjoyable time with friends then I recommend Sleuths.

I went 10/3/12 with five others. We were the two day early arrivals for a mini high school reunion. We arrived about 6:20 which seemed a good time to arrive, not a lot of people there, but we weren't the only ones there either.

We were met by one of the actors in a floor length gown with a distinct Jersey accent. We checked in then went to the bar. Drink before the show was $6 for an okay wine but the guy beside me ordered a Margarita which came in a pint glass and was only $7. I might ask a little more about prices if I went again. I have to say everyone was friendly and fun except for the male bartender. He first ignored us, then waited on only two, finally saying, 'are you together?' after the rest of us had waited. By now it is 6:40 but the place wasn't busy.

In the bar area, prior to entering the dining room, there was a table with pineapple, watermelon, a couple of kinds of cheese cubes and tortillas spread with some sort of cheese spread and rolled, then cut into pinwheels. Only downside to this was, as mentioned here before, there were only cocktail napkins to hold your goodies. I dared not get the fruit and decided on just the cheese. It was actually pretty good and went well with the red wine.

Two of our group were coming directly from the airport so we waited till the last minute to enter the theater. Our table was previously assigned so it didn't matter when we went in. We were at the side of the stage but the venue is small so you had a good view. We were all hungry and really enjoyed the cheese spread, crackers and salad which were already on the table.

Our drink server came around about then, explained which wines and beers they had (Cabernet, White, White Zen and, I think, Bud Light, no one at the table drank beer so not sure). Wine was brought in half carafes and you could have all you wanted, beer was in pitchers. I had the white because, let's face it, its jug wine and the red can be a little sharp. My table mates tried the Red and the Zen and seemed happy with it.

The play went on while we waited for our food. Because there was entertainment I wasn't aware of how long the food took. Really didn't matter because the food we had already consumed meant our stognawingssn't knawing on our backbone as my mother used to say.

When there was a lull in the action our food was served. I was pleasantly surprised. Everyone of us, except one, had the Cornish Game Hen. It was half a hen, nicely browned and juicy, served over stuffing with half of a baked sweet potato and green beans. One had the Meatball Lasagna and he liked it. Not sure what came with it as I was across the table. Others raved about the dinner rolls but I forgot to try them. I know they disappeared from the table so I think the others liked them. :)

Once we were all served it was back to the play, then questions from the audience and finally the killer was revealed. Our play was the 'Wedding' one with lots of Jersey and mafia-type characters. The actress who played Kimmie was outstanding! So much energy! She must sleep all the next day after a performance!

We were served our dessert and coffee right before the unveiling of the villian. We all had Key Lime Pie and it was good. Not great but certainly tasty.

All in all we had a great time and I would recommend it for the type of evening I have described. If you want a fancy dinner and a very involved play then you should probably go elsewhere.

We bought our tickets from Billy Boy's and picked them up from their store on Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy. You get the tickets and then make your own reservations. Before we picked up and paid for our tickets I called the theater to make sure there were reservations available and this was a reputable ticket outlet. Our price, including tax, was $45.74 per person. Tickets thru the theater are $55.95 plus tax. There is a $6 off coupon on their website but BB's is still a better deal.

Visited October 2012

Kissimmee, FL
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Don't waste your $$$$$$”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We visited this show based on other great reviews. Was very disappointed. The show was "cheesy". Can't believe the price I paid for such poor quality entertainment. Too bad as my guest was looking forward to going for such a long time. I could not wait for the show to end since we were terribly bored.

4 Thank ma2va2fl
Maine
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great Audience Participation Dinner Show”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I chose this show based on other Tripadvisor reviews. We really enjoyed this show and would highly recommend for the whole family. The way they seat the tables are a slow process, but the show and the food gets alot better from there. The show is highly entertaining and the participation from the audience really adds to the experience. They allow the audience to ask questions to try and solve the mystery which helps to get everybody involved. On top of a very good show the food is very good. I did not hear any complaints and I can definitely state that the Prime Rib was very good. I would recommend this show to both couples and families as they get everyone involved. Also, the servers keep the beer, wine, water and soda flowing through the whole show. I would highly recommend this show.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Paul-Maine
Orlando, Florida
“Always a good time!!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We visited it in the last week of September. This is are fifth time there and we always have a great time..The food is decent and the service is always great.We always have the same server Tina and she always treats us like VIPs. The cast does a wonderful job entertaining the crowd and the comedy show is a hoot. Would very much suggest this for a FUN night...

Visited September 2012
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Giggles and Mystery!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Having been here alone and with a group I can say its fun either way.People would not like it if you do not like humor with your mysteries! Before the show starts, the banter starts in the bar area. The food isincluded and very good for the type of venue. You can select from several options including vegetarian food. Pay attention and you will hear or see clues. There are no terrible seats. All tables are very close to the show and sometings even happen in the aisles. So GO and HAVE FUN!!! There are discount coupons everywhere.

Visited June 2012