“Best meal of the trip”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We've just come back from having a meal here on the 27 just off the 192. We've been here for almost 3 weeks and this was the best place we've eaten at. We were served by Tina who was so helpful. The food was amazing. We had the full wagon shared between the 2 of us and our kids with 2 extra half racks of ribs. We had soft drinks with refills and I had a couple of buds. We left feeling so full and very happy and the whole lot came to just $50. This will be the first place we eat at next time.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

This restaurant is within walking distance of our home resort, we love a good steak so we gave it a try tonight. The décor is cute with a western theme. There are nightly drink specials if you like a beer or cheap wine with dinner. The servers did a good job and were friendly so that is a positive. The prices are reasonable.

We were seated quickly. Our drink order was taken quickly and warm roles with a sweet butter brought to the table. The appetizer we ordered was queso and chips. This was really good the chips are fresh and lightly salted and the queso was hot and cheesy with a nice light spice. One of us ordered chili and another chicken tortilla soup. The chili was pretty run of the mill but decent enough. The Tortilla soup was really good with a nice bite to it and a lot of chicken.
The meals we ordered were a fillet with green beans and loaded baked potato and a BBQ burger with fries. The steak was cooked to the right temp as requested, but the only flavor it had was the Smoke flavor on the outside and so much of it that it was bitter. The green beans had onions in them which was not listed on the menu, and this overpowered the flavor. The loaded baked potato had the skin over salted and there was very little cheese or bacon, mostly just butter. The burger was a little dry and they forgot the bacon and BBQ sauce but was quickly fixed by the server. The fries were a steak fry type and were hot and salty.

Overall the dinner started out great and quickly became disappointing. I would go for appetizers only doubt we will try it again next vacation.

Note: Beware of the dust bunnies in the wind. If you look up above your table on the lamps and the grid you will see dust all over everything, it needs a good cleaning. The only plus with that is if it falls into your food it might flavor it.

1  Thank KimberlyLange
Reviewed September 28, 2012

i like the style of the restaurant, food was excellent and afordable prices. I love the santa fe red beer its similar to european dark beer:)

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We ate here as some of the six of us had already eaten in the sister restaurant down on route
27 road near the lakes.

I think when visiting another of the chain you are sometimes dissapointed, and with having people with you who have not and you have recommended it you are a little scared, hey but now it was not anything of the sort.

They still do what I would describe as the best steaks in the area, peanuts provided to snack on and hot bread and butter, starters are huge and a good cross mixture on the menue makes sure there is something for everone whatever your taste.

We ate here on two occasions and none of us were disappointed we would certainly come back again

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stopped by the Santa Fe Cattle Company for dinner one night and was NOT disappointing. They had free peanuts on the table that I and my friends ended up throwing at each other. They had a deal where it was Buy One Get One Free draft beer so I enjoyed 2 Budweisers and half of my friend's Miller Lite. Not sure if that's a permanent thing or just a special but either way it was a plus.

The server was very quick and attentive and joked around with the group I was with with. She picked up on our sense of humor instantly.

Started out with a cup of chilli. BEST CHILLI EVER! it was spicy enough to have a nice kick without making me feel my mouth was on fire. That's a fine line between the 2 and they nailed it perfectly.

For my entree I got a New York Strip steak ordered Medium Rare. The steak was HUGE and very tender. When I cut into it, it was grilled perfectly. Just a little pink. Usually when I order Medium Rare (even when grilling at home) the steak comes out either bloody or burnt to a crisp. It was the best steak and best chilli I ever had. The huge steak, the cup of chilli, a baked potato, and 2 beers only cost me $23. Can't beat that price at all.

Wish we had Santa Fe Cattle Company in my area. Can't wait to go back.