“Kids liked the show and the food”

Biergarten Restaurant
Ranked #184 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: "Biergarten restaurant, in the heart of the Bavarian Village in the Germany Pavilion at Epcot theme park, celebrates Oktoberfest all year long. Authentic German cuisine is served for lunch and dinner buffets. Lively costumed musicians provide traditional Oktoberfest entertainment throughout lunch and dinner. Music and merriment resound as diners are encouraged to dance and be part of the boisterous merrymaking–or simply relax in the twilight atmosphere in this magnificent German hall. At the Biergarten Restaurant, seating is at long communal tables that offer a great view of the festivities. Grab a chair, join the revelry and create your own traditional German meal. Rotating lunch and dinner selections consist of hearty German favorites such as bratwurst, red cabbage sauerkraut, pork schnitzel and spaetzle. Delicious desserts, from Bavarian cheesecake to freshly baked apple strudel, complete any meal at the Biergarten Restaurant.
Texas
“Kids liked the show and the food”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is a sizable buffet filled with (what seemed to be) authentic German foods. Our family tried a number of new things, and we liked most. The show was a surprising hit with the kids -- did not expect live Alpine music to be so well received.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Horalky

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Stodgy food, weird atmosphere”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Probably the worst meal experience I have had in over twenty years of dining in WDW. The conceit is you are at a Munich 'Oktoberfest'. The atmosphere is gloomy, the decor forbidding. Where the semi-darkness is charming in the Mexico Pavilion here it is spooky and claustrophobic. The food is poorly arranged in an 'eat all you care to' format and, on the night we were there, luke warm and stodgy. In addition we were obliged to suffer the antics of a four man geriatric band on glockenspiel, alpen horn and other 'traditional' instruments.
In the same way that the UK pub and pavilion is only an approximation of someones fantasy of what the UK might be or has been in some unidentifiuable past, I suspect that the same applies to Germany. The place reeks of stereotyping and I cannot believe that genuine Germans would be comfortable here. You can do so much better for your dollar within a couple of hundred metres from here in any direction.

New Orleans, Louisiana
“A different experience”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We booked a lunch here without knowing about the banquet style seating. However, it was a great experience to have. The families we were seated with were warm and friendly and diverse. The entertainment was wonderful. Traditional German horns and bells and a man with a ridiculously deep voice who I wanted to narrate the rest of my life. I might not do it again as the tables are VERY close together, but I'm glad I did it once.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Jacob S
Carbondale, Illinois
“Good food, fun atmosphere!”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This was my husband's pick for our dinner at Epcot on our most recent trip. The restaurant is tucked away in the back of the Germany pavilion. Once inside, its like you're a part of Octoberfest in a German village. The décor is over the top and I absolutely loved it! The tables are communal, so we sat with a couple from Ohio. My husband is a huge OSU fan and they were playing the bowl game that night, so they had a lot to talk about! :)

We had a late dinner reservation and the place was extremely busy. We waiting quite a while after our reservation time and again to go through the line. Our three kids are extremely picky so I wasn't sure how well this restaurant would go over. The buffet had a huge variety of food. Some of my favorites were bratwurst, pretzel bread, Schnitzel Wiener Art (Breaded Pork Schnitzel Vienna Style), and warm potato salad. For dessert, be sure to try the Rote Gruetze with Vanilla Sauce. Very good!

We loved the German band that came out to play and dance. They even played this huge Alpine horn! It was definitely a fun place to eat!

Steeleville, Illinois
“Best Meal I Had All Week!”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Let me preface this my saying that I am almost pure blood German only 2 generations removed from the old country so this was all comfort food me.

Beirgarten is a buffet full of German and Bavarian mealtime staples.

I was dining alone so they put me at a table with 7 other people I didn't know at the time. i was a little nervous about that but It turned out great.

The buffet was full of all sorts of meats and of course sauerkraut and potato salad the way God intended it to be eaten. Hot. I believe I ate my body weight in kraut alone! I washed it all done with a German Pilsner beer that came in a massive Stein that took 2 hands to lift up.

During the meal an authentic Bavarian style band in will play leading to much singing singing, dancing, drinking, eating, laughing, and talking.

It was a wonderful experience that took me back to family meals at my Grandmothers and defiantly somewhere i can not wait to dine at again!

I was on dining plan so I can't comment on prices but since it's all you can eat, if you come hungry you'll get your money's worth.

The atmosphere here is more lively for Dinner than lunch so keep that in mind when making reservations.

1 Thank thetony45