“Excellent German food! My favorites are the schnitzel and German waitresses! The live entertainment is a lot of fun...”

Biergarten Restaurant
Ranked #179 of 3,898 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: German
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: "Biergarten restaurant, in the heart of the Bavarian Village in the Germany Pavilion at Epcot theme park, celebrates Oktoberfest all year long. Authentic German cuisine is served for lunch and dinner buffets. Lively costumed musicians provide traditional Oktoberfest entertainment throughout lunch and dinner. Music and merriment resound as diners are encouraged to dance and be part of the boisterous merrymaking–or simply relax in the twilight atmosphere in this magnificent German hall. At the Biergarten Restaurant, seating is at long communal tables that offer a great view of the festivities. Grab a chair, join the revelry and create your own traditional German meal. Rotating lunch and dinner selections consist of hearty German favorites such as bratwurst, red cabbage sauerkraut, pork schnitzel and spaetzle. Delicious desserts, from Bavarian cheesecake to freshly baked apple strudel, complete any meal at the Biergarten Restaurant.
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Walt Disney World
Reviewed March 3, 2008

Excellent German food! My favorites are the schnitzel and German waitresses! The live entertainment is a lot of fun, too.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Write a ReviewReviews (2,199)

Reviewed April 29, 2007

Let me preface my statement by saying my family has eaten here many times prior to this visit and always had an enjoyable experience. I had made a call ahead reservation for this restaurant for April 29th, 2007. We had a fairly large party, 6 adults and 5 kids, and arrived ten minutes before our 7:45 reservation. The hostess informed me that they were very busy and that our table was not ready yet and asked us to wait. Not a problem. At 8:00 I went in to ask the hostess if our table was close to being ready, and she said they were clearing it and to gather our party so they could seat us. As I stood there, I couldn't believe how many empty table there were in the restaurant after I was told they were extremely busy. We gathered up our (very hungry and cranky) kids ranging from 9months to 9 years and walked inside hoping to be seated. At 8:05, I asked if the table had been cleared yet, and the hostess stated they were clearing it now and we would be sitting down soon. For the next ten minutes we stood and watched numerous families be seated except for us. At 8:20, after one family in our group left out of disgust, I asked what the problem was. Again, she stated we are clearing your table now. I informed her that she had been clearing my table for over 20 minutes and that I wanted to see the manager on site. She refused, and tried to seat us. I explained to her, there was no way we were going to spend money in this restaurant after the way we had been treated. Another girl came up, and said that she personally cleared the table herself. Again I asked for the manager, but was refused. I spoke with guest relations on the way out of the park, and was told that the restaurant is actually owned by the country itself. He tried calling the manager on the phone for me, but was told she was dealing with an irate customer. I don't know how a park can allow families to be treated like this after spending tons of money all day. I will never eat in this country again and am very disappointed with the Disney company over this incident.

6  Thank BigFarnz
Reviewed November 26, 2006

Our family of 4 loved the Biergarten. The buffet had something for all of us including my 9 year old and 15 year old. The food is definately a cut above most food at Disney. The show is fun and the servers are great. My daughter had the added fun of eating at the family style tables. It happened that the boy who was eating with his family at our table turned out to be the star of the Magic Kingdom production of High School Musical. She was on cloud 9!

4  Thank girlfromdenver
Reviewed November 4, 2006

We really enjoyed Biergarten! There were 4 of us for lunch, and we were seated with a lovely family of three; mom, dad and their little son. We were an eclectic group representing all age groups, and there was something for everyone! We all enjoyed the sauerkraut, chicken and sausages. The salad was good, but the potato salad and the spaetzle was fantastic! Everything was very fresh. The desserts were very good, and the atmosphere was enjoyable. The band was fun, and they didn't play during the entire meal, so we were able to visit. The waitress was from Germany, and she was a delight! We will definitely dine here again during the Candlelight Processional in December!

3  Thank stacyb2462
Reviewed July 29, 2006

We were excited to try this restaurant, but were not really that impressed. We found the food to be average and the atmosphere really loud and hectic. The food wasn't BAD, it was just average. We had read great reviews, so we were disappointed. We will make another dining choice on our next visit to Epcot.

4  Thank CenlaTraveler