“Poor service”

Big River Grille & Brewing Works
Reserve with OpenTable
Big River Grille & Brewing Works is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #347 of 3,828 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Wales-UK
“Poor service”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We visit Orlando a couple of times a year and would always have a meal here and a cocktail or two but on our last trip we noticed the service was pretty bad. Our food was thrown at us, my husband had no cutlery, asked for some that never came in the end had to take them from a near by table. The tables seemed to be closer together than usual.
We were half way through our meal when our server came over and asked what desserts we wanted, I said I haven't finished my meal yet, she snapped back at me "I was only asking" I couldn't believe her attitude.
From start to finish we were made to feel unwelcome and in the way. I hate to say this but the staff all seemed to be young girls who just wanted to joke around with each other and the customers were an inconvenience to their social life. Food was good what a shame about the service. We are due back in the area next week but we will NEVER go back.

• Visited September 2013

Maryland
“Potential is there but it wasn't that good...”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

First off we were greeted by the semi nice staff out front. They left much to be desired but I didn't mind. The hostess went to seat us but the table behind us warned us of the love bugs infesting the area so we asked to move inside. Once seated inside it took several minutes for someone to wait on us. I ordered a burger which was disappointing. It's was no better quality than what is served out at the theme parks. A little larger but about the same in quality and taste. The cheese on top was cold and they served kettle chips which are out of a bag with it. For the money and location I would expect fries. Our server was nice once she realized we were there and was very good with my son. My son enjoyed his meal which came with a piece of cake at the end. The view from the restaurant is nice and it's location is perfect if you are staying at a boardwalk hotel. Maybe other selections taste better and I think this place has the potential to be good. Maybe we will try again on our next trip.

Coventry, Rhode Island
“Great Spot!”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I've been here many times and felt I needed to rate it having just gone back this week. Great food and a terrific location (right on Disney's Boardwalk). Beer was super cold and refreshing. I had a burger and it was excellent. Staff was super friendly...hey it's Disney!! I had forgotten a couple things at he table and when I called back they had everything waiting for me. 5 stars from me.

Visited April 2014
Orlando
“Disney should be ashamed!!! ”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Our first impression was standing at the hostess stand in front of 2 girls for 30 seconds and was finally greeted with "hi". We told them we needed a table for 2 and the hostess almost ran to the table, leaving us to look for her, then sat us at a table that was so close to 2 other tables we should've just pushed them together and made new friends. The hostess threw the menus down and left before we could say anything. We decided to get up and find a seat at the bar, BAD IDEA! It took 15 minutes to get a beer, 30 minutes for a salad and a burger, 15 minutes to request mayo and another 20 minutes to cash out. I think we were inconveniencing all the employees by being there, especially the bartender who was more concerned about his cell phone. Highly DO NOT recommend this place!!!!

3 Thank BHoercher
Miranda B, Guest Relations Manager at Big River Grille & Brewing Works, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
I would like to sincerely apologize for your recent experience at our restaurant. It is always disturbing when we fail to meet a guest's expectations. Service and Hospitality are very important to us, especially when in today's market when there are so many choices available. I will be sure to share this information with our Management Team so that they can address the issues you mentioned. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please email me at rbsocialcomments@cwrestaurants.com and I will be in touch.
Ponce, Puerto Rico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“unfriendly reception”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

have been there twice over the weekend. Food was good and the person serving us very friendly and efficient. Reception however was very cool and unprofessional by the person in charge basically turning me away yesterday evening when I wanted to go there for a third time.

• Visited April 2014