“Yummy Hamburgers”

Big River Grille & Brewing Works
Reserve with OpenTable
Big River Grille & Brewing Works is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #362 of 3,882 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Lots of complaints about the food here but we had a different experience.

Four of us had the burgers. They were great. Very juicy! These are the best burgers I have had at WDW.

The atmosphere was loud (as expected in a microbrewery). We should have eaten outside where it was quiet.

Nice surprise since this was a last minute decision to eat here.

Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We thought that going to a microbrewery would be a nice change from mediocre Disney food. Boy were we wrong. Rusty lettuce, cold food, charred hamburger and the waitress never asked how our food was. That's a sign of a restaurant without attention to detail. They moved one older couple four times because they needed to combine tables.

Miranda D, Guest Relations Manager at Big River Grille & Brewing Works, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thank you for your business and for providing this feedback. I'll pass along this information to the team so we can address the issues you pointed out. If you'd like to discuss this further, please contact us at gbsocialcomments@cwrestaurants.com and someone will be in touch.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Long story short, eating here was a mistake. We had reservations elsewhere but found ourselves at the Boardwalk around dinner time. As such, we opted to cancel our reservations and eat at Big River. Wife and I both ordered a NY Strip and shrimp with mashed potatoes and mixed vegetables. I'd like to say what the best part of our meal was but there just wasn't one.

The steak was awfully fatty (even for a strip) and the toppings—onions in my case and mushrooms in my wife's—looked like they'd been boiled, not sautéed or grilled. As distinguishable by the shape, the mashed potatoes were clearly scooped out with an ice cream scooper and were cold, dry, and nearly tasteless. We both had to add butter (which wouldn't melt, of course) as well as salt and pepper. The mixed vegetables were simply awful, such that neither of us ate more than the first bite.

To add insult to injury, one of their waiters (thanks, Charles) spilled some kind of sticky red or pink drink right next to our table. Naturally, it splashed onto both of us; yet he just picked up the empty glass from the floor and went about his business. I told someone of importance that I needed a clean, wet cloth and why, but he was largely unconcerned. While dry, at least the cloth someone brought was clean.

Now for the good: the flight had a couple OK beers on it.

We're very sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience at our restaurant, and please know that we've passed along your feedback to our management team in order to address the problems you encountered. If you're interested in speaking to someone about your visit, please email your contact information to gbsocialcomments@cwrestaurants.com and we'll have a manager follow up with you. We thank you kindly for your business and for your feedback.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

The service was botched and the food was unseasoned and generally over cooked. The salmon and Kobe was hard. The chicken was bathed in low quality gravy. Even the chips tasted a day old.

Lower quality than a family restaurant but at twice the price

Just don't go here.

I'm sorry to hear that the quality of our food did not meet your expectations on your recent visit. I will be sure to share this information with our management team so that they can address the issues you mentioned. If you would like to speak with a manager about your experience, please email me at gbsocialcomments@cwrestaurants.com and I will be in touch. Thank you for your business and feedback; both are greatly appreciated.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Found this restaurant on the Disney Boardwalk. Thought it was worth a try, as they had their own craft brews. Was a very average experience -- seating took a little long (emptry tables were not cleared very quickly); service was so-so, not terribly friendly but not rude; the Kobe burger was OK, not great; and the brown ale was not memorable. I'd probably pass on returning the next time I'm in the area.