“Lost its luster”

Ranked #93 of 3,894 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Cape May Cafe at Disney's Beach Club Resort offers all-you-care-to-eat buffets at breakfast and dinner in a lively, beach-themed restaurant.Character Dining at BreakfastStart your day with Goofy and friends at the Beach Club Breakfast Buffet! During this Disney Character Dining experience, delight in a variety of breakfast favorites, including Mickey Waffles, a fresh fruit and yogurt bar, fresh-baked pastries and other favorites.Seafood Buffet at DinnerIn the evening, feast on a seafood buffet that includes crab legs, mussels and clams freshly steamed center stage, as well as a tantalizing selection of non-seafood dishes such as carved meats, ribs, chicken, seasonal seafood salads and pastas.As you dine, enjoy the nostalgic New England decor and seaside setting of Disney's Beach Club Resort.
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant was one of my families favorites in the country. The crab legs were better than any other restaurants. We always booked Cape May when were vacationed at Disney. They took away the Oreo Bon bons and the past three visits the crab legs were awful. The meat would not come out of the shell. The chef had an explanation and he as well as the manager apologized. I really wish they would fix the food. The servers and people steaming the seafood worked their tails off. The service as always been excellent and remains excellent. I can honestly say this place was worth the price until last year. Please get better crab or charge $12 and $50.

1  Thank sailaway777
Write a ReviewReviews (2,198)

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I think the food quality of the dinner buffet has improved since 2 years ago. Crab legs were large and plentiful. I was impressed that they brought out huge piles of crab legs when it was 2 minutes to closing. Chicken drumsticks were flavorful and delicious. Steamed shrimp were huge and tasty. I liked the fried cod pieces.

Service was attentive and friendly. In fact I asked a buffet attendant whether there were nuts in the choccolate chip cookies and he was quick to assure there were not. I said too bad, I love nuts. He asked if I liked candied pecans. I said yes, So the asked he kichen to make me some. Wow.

1  Thank JerryFLA
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Cape May Cafe has both breakfast and dinner buffets, and we have had both. Both are great but our favorite is the dinner buffet. Many unique choices besides just seafood. They have different types of salads and dishes prepared with seafood or meat. Great dessert choices, too! You will need a dining reservation as it is a pretty popular place. When you are finished eating, go exploring around the Beach Club Resort which is where it is located in Disney World. You can walk along the boardwalk and enjoy all the sights in the area. One of our favorite places to hang out when we are in Disney.

1  Thank Lov2travel50
Reviewed December 17, 2013

After walking the loop at 8:30 pm with my two young boys and finding over an hour wait at all of the restaurants we decided to go back to our hotel and just eat there. The only place with an opening for us was the Cape May Cafe. I knew going in that ~$90 for me and two boys was excessive, but this is a Disney resort and everything is expensive. It was a surf and turf buffet. We did not love seafood, but there were other choices for us. I got some salad, chicken cacciatore, mashed potatoes, etc. There was simply no flavor. There was nothing wrong with the food, it just did not have much flavor. This included the desserts that were very bland. I had trouble reconciling the price of this meal with the utility/experience. I would avoid this place unless you really want to eat a lot of flavorless food.

1  Thank Niko137
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Great service (thanks Jan!) great food. Plenty of shrimp and crab legs. The cookies for dessert were so good. Was on the DDP for this and it was only 1 table meal. No one rushed us to leave and we were even seated a little earlier than our reservation time, which was much appreciated. Also, the chef brought out a separate salad due to a nut allergy (if you have one beware the salad at the buffet definitely contains nuts- but they will accommodate you).