“Character Breakfast”

Ranked #79 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Cape May Cafe at Disney's Beach Club Resort offers all-you-care-to-eat buffets at breakfast and dinner in a lively, beach-themed restaurant.Character Dining at BreakfastStart your day with Goofy and friends at the Beach Club Breakfast Buffet! During this Disney Character Dining experience, delight in a variety of breakfast favorites, including Mickey Waffles, a fresh fruit and yogurt bar, fresh-baked pastries and other favorites.Seafood Buffet at DinnerIn the evening, feast on a seafood buffet that includes crab legs, mussels and clams freshly steamed center stage, as well as a tantalizing selection of non-seafood dishes such as carved meats, ribs, chicken, seasonal seafood salads and pastas.As you dine, enjoy the nostalgic New England decor and seaside setting of Disney's Beach Club Resort.
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Ok, I have to admit I am still very biased because Akershus has the best breakfast buffet and it has princesses (haha!). But this came in close to it. While the food options are very different, both have delicious options. I love the mickey mouse waffles. In fact, I'd go back for the mickey mouse waffles cause they were that good. We also got to enjoy the company of Minnie, Donald, and Goofy. The only con: sometimes food was missing from the buffet and it'd take them a while to refill. But definitely worth going!!!

1  Thank 101FoodLover

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I was looking forward to this seafood buffet more than any other meal that we had planned during our week long trip to Disney World and I have to say that it wasa let down. It's possible that I let me expectations get away from me and that I should have realized that it's hard to pull off a really good Buffet of any type of food, but none the less, I had high expectations and I was let down. The crab legs were overcooked and so they were virtually impossible to crack because they would simply bend like rubber. The prime rib wasn't very flavorful and it wasn't tender in the least. The shrimp was good, some of their sides and salads were good, and the deserts were good, but all in all, it was just an average seafood buffet.

1  Thank Mea37
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We met all of the characters and each paid every table a visit. It was my sons birthday and our server was awesome. The food was good Mac and cheese was great. Dessert was OK but nothing spectacular. We did have a brownie cake delivered for my sons birthday and they provided the candles and brought it out during a dance song. It was a very nice dinner and we all had a great time. But we did wait a little while even with a reservation.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Disney food is ok, but if you like character breakfasts - this is it! They have Mickey Mouse shaped waffles...kids loved it! Breakfast is always good!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Went here for a character breakfast. Saw Donald Duck, Goofy and Minnie Mouse. Breakfast is good but a little pricey. I guess you are paying for the character experience.