“Not the Same :(”
Review of Chevys Fresh Mex

Chevys Fresh Mex
Reserve with OpenTable
Chevys Fresh Mex is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #387 of 4,054 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We used to live near Annapolis and were able to visit that location weekly, but now our closest Chevy's is four and half hours away, so our Chevy's meal is always one of the highlights of our annual trip to Orlando. I can't tell you how disappointed we were with our overall experience this time. First, the menu has changed dramatically and is not as family friendly as it used to be, but most importantly was the drastic change of atmosphere. The waiters were cold, inattentive, and condescending. For some reason, there were two men standing at either end of the dining room simply staring at the dining guests. I can only assume that perhaps they were bouncers as the bar is now completely open to the dining room. This is definitely not the family restaurant that we used to frequent. The food, although not what we were expecting, was good, but for the cost, we could have eaten inside Disney World and I assure you that next year, we will.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,105)

Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

I got the nachos for dinner and there were great. The meat they use is obviously a step up from your average mom and pop Mexican joint. The wife got a dinner plate with a taco and enchilada with rice and beans. All were very tasty. The only disappointment was the chips and salsa. Chips and salsa is my favorite part of a Mexican meal. The salsa looked freshly made but had not flavor at all. The chips were bland with hardly any salt. Such a shame to start out a delicious meal with such lousy chips and salsa.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We went while in Orlando on vacation with the kids. Typical of what I expected. Food and service was very good. Prices were slightly higher than they have at other locations.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I frequented Chevy's Fresh Mex on Saturday eve 4/19/14. We have been to several Chevy's located through out the state of Florida. We have always been satisfied with the service and the quality of our orders as well as the presentation of them. We hadn't been to the Lake Buena Vista location ( right around the corner from downtown Disney ) for a while. We are locals to the area. As we approached the entrance something seemed different to me but I couldn't place it. As we came into the restaurant it dawned on me that the reason was you now enter through the Cantina instead of the former entrance to the main dining room. There were quite a sizable number of people standing right at the door room was limited. We always eat in the cantina so if a 4 top table is available it's yours as opposed to waiting for one in the main dining room. Well we made it to the table of choice without a glitch. There is now an extended bar where the fresh tortillas were once made. What I didn't care for was all of the traffic headed for the main dining rooms had to pass by us, so the relaxed feeling of the former cantina was gone. That is it for the negatives.
Now for the food etc.. Our server was Dinora and she went above and beyond to insure our being happy. My wife ordered steak Fajitas which she said were very tasty, however the dramatic entrance fajitas make with all of the sizzle was no longer. I made a mistake in my ordering, I wanted the shrimp and crab enchiladas and ordered a shrimp and crab quesadilla instead. From the moment it was placed in front of me I'm thinking here is another menu item in it's presentation that would be gone forever. (See my review of the Calla Bella restaurant in the Rosen Shingle Creek resort hotel.) Just then the floor manager Heather had walked by and I asked her why the dish was not including the mexican rice and beans. She then said it doesn't come with the quesadilla. So I described the green enchilada tubes and that's when she corrected me. She sent the proper order over at no extra charge to me although I made the error. They were absolutely delicious as always. I was in the Hotel/ restaurant industry for over 35 years and I have to say guest service is not completely lost. I tip my hat to both Heather and Dinora for making our dining experience one that we will go back for time and time again.

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

My family and I visited this past Sunday for lunch. The new renovation hassle the place look very good, and we like some of the changes to the menu. the queso is excellent, especially when combined with their fresh made tortillas. The burrito was excellent and m wife loves the fajitas.