“Great Experience”
Review of Chevys Fresh Mex

Chevys Fresh Mex
Reserve with OpenTable
Chevys Fresh Mex is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #189 of 3,853 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We were immediately greeted with what would have been a 45 minute wait, however the hostess gave us options. She recommended sitting at the bar alfresco. Right away the bar tender took our drink requirements with a good sense of humor. I must say, the staff knows exactly what to recommend as he did so with drinks and are meal. The whole dinner experience was fantastic. The alfresco environment lent to interacting with other evening diners that only added to a great evening. Don't shy away if you see a busy atmosphere, you won't regret it. Oh, and the food is awesome -- enjoy.

There are newer reviews for Chevys Fresh Mex

Reviewed March 27, 2014

Our family had the best time here. The food is absolutely the best. The atmosphere is awesome. The prices are so reasonable. Will always come back here to eat when we come to town.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Been in Mexico many times so I will admit this is not authentic style cooking, however it is still a great meal. So much we have stopped at many Chevy ' s locations throughout the years. Orlando prices seem to be a bit higher than other areas but compared to any meal around the theme park area prices are right in line. Food is served fresh and drinks are served cold. Restaurant is busy but never overcrowded and it is Spring Break week. Family and friends had a great meal and a great time here.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Bill was $160 for 7 people (3 were kids) and included one pitcher of margaritas. I had the fish tacos, which were delicious. My husband shared one of his bacon wrapped shrimp with me and it blew the whole dinner for me. There are VERY hit jalapeños hidden under the bacon. I couldn't finish my meal. We drove 2 1/2 days to share an evening with my best friend and her family.. Food was good except for the shrimp ordeal.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Let me do for you what they should have done for me and my wife: The Jalepeno bacon wrapped shrimp are freakishly HOT! So much, it ruined our dinner. Not all Jalepeno s are this hot. It took us several minutes to recover from the unexpected heat.
They put this item in a sampler called Baja sampler.
Also, if you're aching for 3/4 cup of salt in your food, to compensate for poorly crafted recipes, this is the place for you.
And the pricing; 4 adults and 4 small kids (one kid didn't eat) $160 with tip. Really? $20 per person w/ kids and one not eating?

You decide...