“GREAT SERVICE - ask for PHILLIP”
Review of Chevys Fresh Mex

Chevys Fresh Mex
Reserve with OpenTable
Chevys Fresh Mex is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #194 of 3,828 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
Description: When we think Chevys Fresh Mex, we go to our happy place; fun-lovin’ guests, fajitas & margaritas, and the freshest food, always from scratch. Founded in 1986 in Alameda, California, Chevys is an ultra-casual restaurant concept that offers guests an array of freshly prepared Mexican dishes in a relaxing atmosphere. Similar to other Real Mex restaurants, Chevys prepares its dishes daily from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. Chevys is a national brand with locations in 8 states. Chevys' store base includes 39 Company-owned restaurant locations and 16 franchised restaurants. With more than 25 years of successful operations, Chevys is the most widely recognized Mexican casual dining brand in northern California, and is the second largest Mexican casual dining brand in California in terms of number of restaurants, behind El Torito. Designed to offer a fiesta for the senses, where every experience is fresh, fun and full of flavor, the concept is focused on the execution of its trend-setting Fresh Mex® menu and continuous innovation. Chevys uses a "Fresh Mex®" pledge which underscores the Company's promise that all products are made daily from scratch.
Columbia, SC
“GREAT SERVICE - ask for PHILLIP”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Had a subpar hotel experience but the service at Chevy's from Phillip was outstanding - close to the Wyndham and excellent food - thanks again

Visited May 2013

Merritt Island, Florida
“Gross & SUPER UNCOMFORTABLE”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We went there 2 weeks ago, and we still giggle about the awkward moments of this place. The utensils are given to you in a plastic bag is that should start the dinner off....walking to my table I slipped in something slimy, after pulling myself together we sat down.

The salsa was super bland...the queso was watery and warm not hot.

My fiancé ordered the burrito as big as your face, and it was covered with this green slim (similar to what I slipped it), he absolutely hated it and we tried scraping it off but it was everywhere. So he ate my combo plate which was OK, nothing Taco Bell couldn't do! Haha. So, he ate my dinner, and that is when service went from extremely weird to UNCOMFORTABLY CREEPY. I thought the waiter was going to cry because we didn't like the green sauce. He kept coming over saying how sorry he was for the sauce and if there was anything he could do to fix it...peering over us with his black glasses like we were an exhibit at a zoo...it was so uncomfortable...he did this no joke, 6 times, finally my fiancé stopped eating and said very abruptly, "you can just bring us the bill" that took 15 minutes to show up and it was the wrong bill, we finally received the right bill and that was my over the top experience...as I walked out I actually said to a couple walking in, don't sit over there and pointed to where we just came from.

Food had absolutely no taste
service was straight out of the twilight zone, so creepy and uncomfortable
atmosphere was OK, but my fall on the slimy floor didn't help.

We will never walk into this place ever again. Overall, gross.

• Visited April 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Creepy rude waiter!!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I ate here on the 3rd of May with my girlfriend the food was nice but the waiter we found a bit creepy (skinny bold man) and when it came to settling the bill we thought it wasn't worth the 15% tip so I gave a dollar tip, better then nothing I thought but obviously not as the waiter brought it back and said he don't need my quarters and to leave 15 to 20% in future then stormed off crumpling the dollar notes for the bill in his hand, maybe the staff should be reminded that a tip is at the discretion of the customer and is only given if the customer believes its worth leaving one no matter how big a tip!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank 1927Cardiff
Tampa
“Our favorite place to eat!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We have been here MANY times and every time the food is delicious. Never have we had a problem. My only suggestion is to sit outside if you can as it's a little more relaxed.

Visited March 2013
Cardiff
“It's a dump”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Grubby, cheap and nasty. We stayed no longer than to have a glass of water and a bowl of chicken nachos. We get better nachos from our local dive bar in St Pete. Avoid - there are so many other better places in the near vicinity to try instead

• Visited April 2013