“Fun place for families”

Beaches & Cream
Ranked #23 of 169 Dessert in Orlando
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Listen to favorites on the classic jukebox while savoring sandwiches, burgers and irresistible ice cream desserts.
Reviewed April 10, 2009

This place is designed to be a ice cream shop from former times. The decor fits and it is a good place for families. They have hamburgers, hot dogs, onion rings, fries, and of course ice cream, shakes, sundaes. They have a large one called the kitchen sink. Hamburger is okay. Onion rings are better. Ice cream is the main reason people come here. Small size so on busy nights, you may have a wait.

1  Thank justme2Georgia
Write a ReviewReviews (1,347)

Reviewed March 9, 2009

This place was perfect for dessert. I took all of our kids in and we had a great time. The waitress was very friendly and helpful as my wife was getting a message and I had the kids by myself. The decor is fantastic and the kids enjoyed mickey mouse sundaes.

Reviewed February 21, 2009

My family and I popped in here for dinner one evening. There were several empty tables, so we didn't have to wait to be seated or to order, which was nice. The menu, while adorably laid out, is quite limited (so if you don't like hamburgers, go somewhere else!). But it has everything that a true soda shop should have, including malts and soda with different flavors of syrup. I ordered a chocolate milkshake, which was huge, thick, and delicious. But I was less impressed with my entree. I ordered a veggie burger with onion rings. The onion rings were greasy and great, but the veggie burger was really bland and not even very warm. I think they have have just put a frozen pattie in the microwave. My family members all got cheeseburgers, and they were very pleased with them. At almost $10 a burger, it's rather pricey, but I suppose you're paying for the fun atmosphere and great location as well as the food. I would definitely go back, but I'd probably stick with their ice cream.

5  Thank Marywhotravels
Reviewed August 14, 2008

We stayed at the Beach Club July 18 - 26, 2008 and had lunch at Beaches & Cream the first day. My husband and I both had the burgers which were great. The atmosphere is like that of a fun 50's diner, the wait staff is great, however there is limited seating. They do not allow take-out for meals which is unfortunate. I would have liked to take food back to our room and eat on our patio with my young nephews. We had arrived at 11:30 AM so we only had to wait a few minutes for a table. We noticed come dinnertime that unless you had reservations, the wait would be at least an hour. There is a walkup counter for ice cream. They had chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and mint chocolate chip either in a cone or with a limited topping selection for sundaes. The ice cream was very flavorful and creamy and we were able to find a table outside to sit at and enjoy the treat.

If you have the Disney Dining Plan the restaurant would count as a table service however the prices are not too bad (for Disney!) aprox $10.00 for lunch. I would save the table service for a more expensive restaurant in Epcot and just pay for the meal.

2  Thank ColinaConnecticut
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 14, 2008

This is one of our favorite places on Disney property. Great hamburger, made to order!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook