“What an unexpected surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chef Mickey's

Chef Mickey's
Ranked #194 of 3,764 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Chef Mickey's is a buffet restaurant serving breakfast and dinner flavors—and your favorite Disney Characters!—at Disney's Contemporary Resort.The whole brood will chow down in smiles while the likes of Mickey or any assortment of his pals roams the restaurant. You never know who might show up! Delicious seasonal specialties make for a spectacular spread in this bright, happy space located beneath the quiet whisks of the monorail. Breakfast includes a premium fruit bar, cereal selections, American classics like pancakes (with fun toppings!), Mickey Mouse waffles, eggs, omelettes and pastries. Dinner is a delectable affair with roasted chicken, carved beef, savory sides and kids' favorites (like mac 'n' cheese). Make your meal end sweetly ever after at the sundae bar.
New England
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What an unexpected surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2009

Wow! We had such a fun night here! Let me just say that I was dreading this restaurant. Actually, in our first 3 trips to Disney, I've cancelled our Chef Mickey's reservations because I read so many negative reviews. This time, we were going with extended family and I thought "Why not? We'll see Mickey, we'll eat some crummy food, and call it a night!". It turned out to be our best dining experience of the week!

We did get there for the earliest dinner seating which I think helped a TON for character interaction- and there was a LOT of that! All of the characters really hung out at the table and played with the kids. The kids (and adults) thought they were a hoot! At one point one of my kids let go of Donald and ran to Mickey and that caused quite a scene between Donald and Mickey!

The characters weren't the only thing that was great- the food surpassed my expectation. My oldest son ate so many BBQ ribs I thought he was going to burst! My youngest thought he died and went to heaven b/c he took a slice of pizza and added sprinkles from the ice cream bar on top of it and Mommy didn't say NO (hey- it's vacation!)... I was quite filled on the pasta rosa and yummy salads. I didn't even have room for dessert!

We will definitely be back. My only regret was that we didn't come here years ago!

1 Thank charmouse242

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Connecticut
“Absolutely Perfect Disney Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2009

We've been to Disney many times but visited Chef Mickey's for the first time this year. My daughter is 2 and a half years old and we thought she would finally be old enough to really enjoy a character breakfast, and luckily we were absolutely right.

Upon arrival, Chef Mickey's takes a group photo of your party with a "Chef Mickey" statue that is really cute. A cast member will bring this photo to your table during breakfast and you can purchase different packages, which we thought were a bit expensive. The cast member who came by our table said something about being able to put the photo on our Disney Photopass, but it was so hard to understand what he was saying, so we just bought the package. I suspect that might have been his purpose all along! :)

We waited virtually not at all to be seated for the breakfast buffet - maybe 5 minutes. We did have a slightly later breakfast reservation (10:40 a.m.), so I'm not sure if the wait time would be longer earlier in the morning.

The restaurant is comprised of at least three rooms which are all quite large. The buffet is centrally located, was excellent and had many, many choices. I would be hard pressed to believe that anyone would be dissapointed by the selection at Chef Mickey's for breakfast! The server was courteous and efficient - exactly what you need for a buffet server. The coffee carafes on the table were wonderful, and she kept the orange juice coming.

The characters are completely hands on at this experience. They stop at every single table in all the rooms. Mickey might start in one room, but he will visit every table in every room, as will all the other characters featured here: Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto. At the end of the character experience, there's a very cute song that plays everywhere and the cast members encourage everyone to wave their napkins around and dance. It's completely festive and really fun.

We nearly had tears in our eyes watching not only my daughter but all of the kids interacting with these characters whom we all love. This is such an amazing, quintisentially Disney experience, that you would be crazy to miss it. I overheard a cast member saying that Disney is back to accepting dining reservations 180 days in advance, and this breakfast fills up very quickly. My recommendation: as soon as you have your Disney plans in place, book the character breakfast at Chef Mickey's. You will not be disappointed.

1 Thank samies-mom
kentucky
“Fun and Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2009

We have been here several times for brunch and dinner. It is always great.
We have always been on DDP

midwest
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Run away as fast as you can...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2009

waste of time and money....food is HORRIBLE...
service worse, the wait staff acted as if we were burdening them when we asked for drinks...they rarely returned to clear plates and offer refills..
as for character dining...how about your children all hyped up to get their pic taken with characters and they continue to just walk by..even when the kids reach out for them...we even had a few times when they characters turned to our table, reached for the kids, then they were pulled away by staff to visit a different table...not even enough time to say hi..literally.
heart breaking and disappointing...wish we would have wasted the time/money.

1 Thank bouncingallover
Mississauga, Canada
“Getting Worse & Worse”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2009

So we always do Chef Mickey for breakfast, we did it once for dinner and it was beyond bad (the food that is). And I have to say the food at breakfast is not the greatest but its better than dinner and we go mainly for the characters. So our ressie was for 8:30am but somehow we got there at 8:00am....how I have no idea. We just caught the bus as soon as we got to the bus stop and then the monorail is always quick so I decided to check in anyways. I was given the beeper and then told to stand in line for our family picture and then we sat down. We sat and we sat! There were people that took their picture and their beeper went off right away. DH and I were getting so annoyed. I went up twice to ask them what was going on and apparently they set your seat when you first sign in and since that seat that was assigned to us took longer ALL these other people that came after us were getting in. Seriously I was about to leave or make a huge scene. Finally we were seated shortly after 9am.....I was so MAD.
We sat down and the waiter had the nerve to ask us how we were doing and DH told him how we were. He said some lame thing, I wasn't even listening!
So the characters started coming and they all were excellent, I then remembered why I still go to Chef Mickey!
The breakfast pizza (that egg, veggie thing on my plate) it was good! I am a big pastry nut so those were good! French toast was just ok! I was also annoyed that we never got to see our picture. Since we waited so long, they must have thought they missed us.
So I am not impressed with Chef Mickey again so I honestly do not know if I would go back again!