“My daughter's favorite Disney meal”
Review of Chef Mickey's

Chef Mickey's
Ranked #191 of 3,790 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Chef Mickey's is a buffet restaurant serving breakfast and dinner flavors—and your favorite Disney Characters!—at Disney's Contemporary Resort.The whole brood will chow down in smiles while the likes of Mickey or any assortment of his pals roams the restaurant. You never know who might show up! Delicious seasonal specialties make for a spectacular spread in this bright, happy space located beneath the quiet whisks of the monorail. Breakfast includes a premium fruit bar, cereal selections, American classics like pancakes (with fun toppings!), Mickey Mouse waffles, eggs, omelettes and pastries. Dinner is a delectable affair with roasted chicken, carved beef, savory sides and kids' favorites (like mac 'n' cheese). Make your meal end sweetly ever after at the sundae bar.
Olney, Illinois
“My daughter's favorite Disney meal”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We went to Chef Mickey's twice in a six day trip and this was far and away my daughters favorite breakfast. Mickey and the gang all come to the table and take their time to get pictures and sign autographs and the servers are amazing at telling you when the characters will be coming so that you do not miss them while you are at the buffet. This meal, like most of the character meals that Disney offers, is fairly expensive and the food is not the highlight. Having said that Chef Mickey will be on our to do list for the next trip just because my daughter loves it so much. I have never experienced rudeness or a lack of service and the restaurant is busy. We had a party of 7 and there is an automatic 18% gratuity added and I tipped greater than I had to because our service was that good. We will go back.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Craig W

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Ontario, Canada
“It's lost it's MAGIC. WILL NOT BE BACK”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We were here Nov 30 / 13 and it's just not the same as it used to be. We were here in 1998 and 2009 and it seems tha place has gone downhill . Food was not good and way overpriced . I was willing to pay the price for the atmosphere but there was none.
In 1998 ( 8 ) and 2009 ( 6 ) we had multilple Characters running around the restaurant coming to the tables . This year we had 4 characters and Donald Duck was not very friendly at Chef Mickeys.
Compared to years ago I WILL NOT GO BACK. i WILL FIND ANOTHER CHARACTER DINNER if I make it back to Disney

215.00 for 2 kids and 3 adults for a buffet that was no better than Golden Corral.

3 Thank Jim M
Comerio, Puerto Rico
“Good Character interaction”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We went for Thanksgiving dinner, so it was busy, the floor was so dirty :( The food is just ok, not crazy about it. I loved the characters, they took their time with us, so that makes up for it :) I probably won't go back and won't recommend it. I like tusker house much better

1 Thank GlorianAponte
Alabama
“Very Average Food---Very Expensive”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Let me preface this by saying we were on the dining plan. The food was just average. Yeah, I know that you go for the experience but if I had to pay out of pocket, our bill was $187 for two adults and two children. That's way too much for just average food. I probably would return if I was on the dining plan because the kids did enjoy the characters.

Wake Forest, North Carolina
“OK but overpriced breakfast”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Since we stayed at the Contemporary, we had to do one character breakfast at Chef Mickey's, one of the toughest tables to get at WDW. The food was OK, but the characters are what people line up for. We were able to take care of pictures and autographs from Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Donald before we went to our 1st park.

Visited September 2013