“LOVE CHEF MICKEYS!!”

Ranked #187 of 3,931 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Chef Mickey's is a buffet restaurant serving breakfast and dinner flavors—and your favorite Disney Characters!—at Disney's Contemporary Resort.The whole brood will chow down in smiles while the likes of Mickey or any assortment of his pals roams the restaurant. You never know who might show up! Delicious seasonal specialties make for a spectacular spread in this bright, happy space located beneath the quiet whisks of the monorail. Breakfast includes a premium fruit bar, cereal selections, American classics like pancakes (with fun toppings!), Mickey Mouse waffles, eggs, omelettes and pastries. Dinner is a delectable affair with roasted chicken, carved beef, savory sides and kids' favorites (like mac 'n' cheese). Make your meal end sweetly ever after at the sundae bar.
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

We try to eat breakfast here on every trip. The experience is well worth it and food is good too. I've tried it for dinner but still love breakfast the best.

2  Thank Lenore B
Write a ReviewReviews (4,725)

Reviewed October 17, 2013

By far the very worst dinner in our trip.
The characters have no patience. It's VERY expensive. When I saw the buffet I lost all my appetite - the food looked like done the day before.
And the best of all - one of the family members had a terrible diarrhea after dinner.

1  Thank GustavoO
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Had a great character experience at Chef Mickey's. All of Mickey's crew came around except Mickey. :( The food is a buffet and was just average. Glad we did it on our first trip to Disney, but will probably skip it the next go round.

1  Thank suzq595
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We had breakfast with Mickey and friends. The characters were very attentive to our 2 daughters. Our youngest even wanted to see Minnie a 2nd time and one of the workers arranged for her to get 1 more hug before we left. The service was very good, as was the food. Lots of delicious breakfast choices. There were plenty of choices for everyone in our picky family. The only downside was that this was our first character meal of the trip and our daughters were too busy watching the characters to really eat very much. Short line for picture but seated within about 15 minutes. Cupcakes for our birthdays with chocolate Mickey's on top.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We dined with the princesses at Epcot and the pooh characters in Magic Kingdom and we were so impressed with these character meals.

Chef Mickeys was on the agenda for the morning we left. The characters were so rude and rushed. They grabbed my kids' autograph books out of their hands, posed for a picture and walked off while my kids were still talking to them. My daughter couldn't wait to show Minnie her Minnie princess doll and Minnie did not even acknowledge the doll. I have my suspicions the management tells the characters to spend 5 seconds or less with each table. Sad experience for my children. I see from reading other reviews,that many people have had similar experiences here.

2  Thank Amy W