“Breakfast with Mickey”

Ranked #186 of 3,829 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Chef Mickey's is a buffet restaurant serving breakfast and dinner flavors—and your favorite Disney Characters!—at Disney's Contemporary Resort.The whole brood will chow down in smiles while the likes of Mickey or any assortment of his pals roams the restaurant. You never know who might show up! Delicious seasonal specialties make for a spectacular spread in this bright, happy space located beneath the quiet whisks of the monorail. Breakfast includes a premium fruit bar, cereal selections, American classics like pancakes (with fun toppings!), Mickey Mouse waffles, eggs, omelettes and pastries. Dinner is a delectable affair with roasted chicken, carved beef, savory sides and kids' favorites (like mac 'n' cheese). Make your meal end sweetly ever after at the sundae bar.
Pennsylvania
“Breakfast with Mickey”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I made reservations for breakfast at Chef Mickey’s on the first day of our vacation. This was so my grandson would be able to see some of the characters up close and personal before we went to the Magic Kingdom and might only see them at a distance or have to wait in line to talk to them.

We were staying at the Polynesian and didn’t realize the Monorail only starts running at 7:00 AM. As our reservations for breakfast were for 7:05, we had to take a cab to the Contemporary resort.

My grandson was thrilled meeting Mickey, Minnie and Donald. He even asked Goofy if he had cooked the breakfast and gave him a big hug and “thanks” for the meal. Of course it was orchestrated so the characters spent a few minutes with each table. They stopped at each group long enough for a photo op and to sign autographs. Once the characters started visiting the tables you can forget about your kids finishing their breakfast.

My husband said it was the first time he ever spent $157 for scrambled eggs.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank smartelek

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Richmond, Kentucky
“characters are great, food is very good, allergy friendly”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

People are wonderful, chef is GREAT!!! I have gluton, garlic, celery, and milk allergies. very hard for me to eat. the chef made my dinner for me salmon, potatoes, greenbeens, beautiful, yummy, i had chocolate cake w/ rice dream ice cream. I love you Disney, you made me feel like a Princess. Thank you!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank mommx4
“Helpful staff and a great time for the kids”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

After a day in the park this was a great choice. We arrived about 15 minutes early and actually got seated right away. We informed the chef that my mom and I both have Celiac and the chef came out to greet us. Instead of just telling us what we could have off the buffet, he actually walked us through it. Answering any questions we had and offering alternatives that he could make for us. Very helpful, and excellent food. The kids loved seeing the characters and we were happy that they took their time at each table. Great food and great experience.

2 Thank AubreyP78
Miami, Florida
“Average - Not worth it”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Food = Above average (for a buffet)
Service = Average
Price = Are you kidding me?
There is such flimflam about Chef Mickey that no matter how hard they try, you are sure to have some disappointments. But they really don’t even try. The characters come out, half-heartedly and shake hands and sign autographs. The dinner cost $44 a head. Certainly not worth it. If you want characters to come by and mingle, try Nick Jr.’s resort Character Breakfast (but don’t stay there… that’s another story). Also, there is the matter of getting there. Three separate GPS systems got us lost, and the security guard at the Contemporary Resort (Chef Mickey), was absolutely no help. My verdict, skip it.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ShaunAjani
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great for all ages!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a great way to see characters and have an excellent meal. This is located in the Contemporary Resort and it's a wonderful way to enjoy a great meal and tour the resort!

Visited December 2012