“Disappointing at best!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Below average food with below average service. Perhaps it was just a bad night, but our experience was mediocre at best. The orders at our table ranged from burgers to ribs. The burger was ok, the fish and chips were ok, the shrimp sandwich was passable, but the ribs were absolutely awful with a thick layer of burnt char on the entire bottom side. All of the fries seemed double dipped, leading to an oily mess. The ribs were left on the plate with the burnt side up just to see if the server even noticed what he had served. The plates were taken away without a word being uttered.

From the servers to the cook, everyone seems to have lost their passion and were just going through the motions.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Took shelter here on a scorching hot day whilst waiting for the family's ride to finish. Had a really tasty Root beer with lots of ice. Was very tempted by their delicious looking cakes and now regret not having one. Very comfortable, shaded seating, ideal for a mid-day sit-down.

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Came here on a Tuesday night during Spring Break week. They were understaffed but explained as soon as we arrived it would be a slight wait. It was worth it! Steamed peel and eat shrimp were great, mussels, popcorn shrimp and grouper were all wonderful. Fried oysters were DELICIOUS!!!!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We went there strictly by chance. Was a little worried when we saw no crowd, but was really glad we went. Great service, hospitality and food. Especially try the oysters.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I am not on vacation and was hoping for nothing more than a pleasant stopping spot while my car was being serviced. As others have reported the place was empty. I however felt the service wasexcellent and considerate. I announced that I needed a soft spot for a couple of hours. Some places could have made me feel unwanted or uncomfortable. This didn't happen at this excellent neighborhood pub. I enjoyed the wings which I had medium which still made my nose run. They have secured WiFi on premise. When I had a little trouble connecting the manager cheerfully assisted me.

I would not travel all the way from Gaylord Palms but as a local I will be back next time I have errands in the neighborhood. The place is clean, staff friendly, prices in proportion and did I mention... they have WiFi.