“Grand sandwich - it's all about the sandwich”

Grand Floridian Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Grand Floridian Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #179 of 4,058 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Grand Floridian Cafe offers a moderately priced breakfast, lunch and dinner of American favorites. This casual, light-filled restaurant has a charming Victorian setting and overlooks the lovely gardens and pool at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.Start your day with a plate of Mickey Waffles or a hearty Three-Egg Omelet. For lunch, choose from an assortment of salads, soups, sandwiches and daily specials. Dinner selections include fresh seafood, chicken and delectable steaks.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I (and friends and family we have introduced to it) have eaten the Grand Sandwich at the Grand Floridian (only available at lunch) MANY times and it is always delicious. It is almost too big ... but I clean my plate every time, and such a tasty blend of flavors and textures with turkey, ham, bacon, creamy cheese, and crispy onion straws on a buttery rosemary bread. We had an excellent server, the food was great, and the only issue we had was with the hostess team seating people. They walked us to a cramped table in the corner right next to a larger group they were seating at the same time. We asked for a different table by the windows, she left us there while she went to "check", then she seated us at another table by the windows but not the one we wanted. She said we could not sit there. We were there almost an hour and no one ever sat there - in fact the restaurant was only about 1/3 full when we left because lunch had just started when we arrived. I really don't know why that table was off limits to us. Just a little annoyance that made the experience less than Excellent.

1  Thank MLMpoohbear
Write a ReviewReviews (1,283)

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We enjoyed this cafe for breakfast and lunch. Both experiences offered a nice menu selection where everyone was satisfied, even our toddler. This is a family friendly cafe that takes reservations but are not required. Nothing blew us away here but the food was good and prices are reasonable. Perfect for families and a nice meal on the resort.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

The server was horrible. He didnt know the menu well at all. He also claimed my son wouldn't get dessert.. Even though the menu clearly stated that with one kid entree you get a drink and dessert. We had to ask another server about the menu and THAT server (while very rude) got my son his icecream... Overall horrible experience. We won't be back!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Had a wonderful meal with the family here while staying on WDW property with extended family in November. Got there a bit before our rez time, and asked if we could be seated, as the little ones had been traveling in a car all day, and were ready to eat. One cast member balked, but the manager standing by, quickly looked and said we could be immediately seated. Yay!

We got a great and VERY funny server. Wish I could recall her name….. I did make certain to call her mgr over to let him know how great she was while we were there. the Grand Floridian Cafe burger is the bomb! It has balsamic onions and chunks of lobster on a soft, buttery brioche roll! Mmmmmm. Our family ordered a wide variety of entrees, and everyone was very happy. So much so that a couple of weeks later, we returned and enjoyed a great meal again with different kids!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We had breakfast reservations for the four of us on Christmas morning. The staff was in true Disney form-- pleasant and welcoming making a magical experience for all of us! My husband and I enjoyed the traditional breakfast of eggs and bacon and our coffee was re-filled constantly by our wonderful waiter! The kids enjoyed their Mickey waffles, too. All of the "better" restaurants at Disney resorts and parks are a bit overpriced, in my humble opinion. But the atmosphere was nice, the food was good, and the service was great. We enjoyed seeing how the Floridian property compared to our resort, The Polynesian. The Floridian and The Cafe itself remind me of Mackinac Island, Michigan.