“Service was not up to Disney par!”

Grand Floridian Cafe
Ranked #104 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Grand Floridian Cafe offers a moderately priced breakfast, lunch and dinner of American favorites. This casual, light-filled restaurant has a charming Victorian setting and overlooks the lovely gardens and pool at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.Start your day with a plate of Mickey Waffles or a hearty Three-Egg Omelet. For lunch, choose from an assortment of salads, soups, sandwiches and daily specials. Dinner selections include fresh seafood, chicken and delectable steaks.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The server was horrible. He didnt know the menu well at all. He also claimed my son wouldn't get dessert.. Even though the menu clearly stated that with one kid entree you get a drink and dessert. We had to ask another server about the menu and THAT server (while very rude) got my son his icecream... Overall horrible experience. We won't be back!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Had a wonderful meal with the family here while staying on WDW property with extended family in November. Got there a bit before our rez time, and asked if we could be seated, as the little ones had been traveling in a car all day, and were ready to eat. One cast member balked, but the manager standing by, quickly looked and said we could be immediately seated. Yay!

We got a great and VERY funny server. Wish I could recall her name….. I did make certain to call her mgr over to let him know how great she was while we were there. the Grand Floridian Cafe burger is the bomb! It has balsamic onions and chunks of lobster on a soft, buttery brioche roll! Mmmmmm. Our family ordered a wide variety of entrees, and everyone was very happy. So much so that a couple of weeks later, we returned and enjoyed a great meal again with different kids!

Reviewed January 11, 2014

We had breakfast reservations for the four of us on Christmas morning. The staff was in true Disney form-- pleasant and welcoming making a magical experience for all of us! My husband and I enjoyed the traditional breakfast of eggs and bacon and our coffee was re-filled constantly by our wonderful waiter! The kids enjoyed their Mickey waffles, too. All of the "better" restaurants at Disney resorts and parks are a bit overpriced, in my humble opinion. But the atmosphere was nice, the food was good, and the service was great. We enjoyed seeing how the Floridian property compared to our resort, The Polynesian. The Floridian and The Cafe itself remind me of Mackinac Island, Michigan.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My husband and I had reservations for Christmas Day here at the Cafe...only time I could get was 1130, so we went for lunch. He and I both ordered the Burger with 3 little pieces of Lobster on it..it came with a small tin cup of homemade potato chips and a squirt of mango ketchup for $18.95 each...We each ordered the apple walnut salad, and split a 2" x 2" piece of cheese cake and 2 diet sodas...all total with tip...$68. Ok, the hamburger was good...but you really didn't taste the 3 small 1/2 inch pieces of lobster...the chips were, less than a handful..I will admit that the presentation was nice...I know, I know...it's Disney and it was the Grand Floridian....

Our waitress was very nice, no complaints there...we went to check in at 1120, but was told if we checked in then, we'd be seated for Breakfast...come back in 10 minutes...so we came back at 1130 like our reservations stated, (went to the bathroom right around the corner from the hostess desk and back) and then had a 20 minute wait... I didn't understand it, but whatever, the 3 hostesses they had working seemed a little stressed out and were bickering...kinda "UnDisneylike" I thought.....Was hoping because it was Christmas they'd have a Christmas Buffet with cool ice carvings or something...but no...

Would I go back? Probably not...I can get a hamburger at a walk up window. There wasn't a 1/2 a lobster tail combined on both of our burgers to worry about ever having it again...

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The best burger in the world.
I visit every trip (13 so far) and always have the burger.
Great food, great staff.