“Very nice restaurant!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Grand Floridian Cafe
Ranked #111 of 3,749 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Grand Floridian Cafe offers a moderately priced breakfast, lunch and dinner of American favorites. This casual, light-filled restaurant has a charming Victorian setting and overlooks the lovely gardens and pool at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.Start your day with a plate of Mickey Waffles or a hearty Three-Egg Omelet. For lunch, choose from an assortment of salads, soups, sandwiches and daily specials. Dinner selections include fresh seafood, chicken and delectable steaks.
Bangor, ME
“Very nice restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I enjoyed this restaurant very much after eating here by myself last week. It's a very attractive but not overly formal setting where I was warmly greeted by the various staff. The food was very tasty--all three courses (appetizer, entree, dessert). The Grand Floridian hotel itself is amazingly attractive if you like the a classic refined look. I would definitely return here if I am in the area again!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

South Florida, Florida
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Attentive waitress and quality food, no complaints.if your into gourmet burgers they have a sirloin burger topped with a butter poached lobster tail which my wife allowed me to sample . One of the best burgers I ever tasted.

Visited May 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not so "Grand" anymore”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Bad service, slow, unfriendly, tired menu but that's only dinner - just bother with breakfast and make sure you get Rola - she's awesome and this place does breakfast well. Dinner is blah and those uniforms are a joke. We used to love this place but now it's gone downhill!

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jonathan A
Edmond, OK
“Great food, ok service....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

This was our first meal on our Disney trip. We were seated on time. I had the burger with lobster and it was fantastic. My husband had a steak and he said it was cooked perfectly (MR). The service wasn't great and our drink refills were slow. The dessert sampler was cute and tasted ok. I would definitely go back here to eat but i would not expect great service.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank worleygirl
Toronto, Canada
“Poor service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Ate here on our first night at Disney World. We were told at checkin that we should lock up our cards and IDs in the room safe and just use our Disney World issued card to pay for everything, so that's what we did. We figured that the card was used as ID as it is on the Disney cruises and were surprised when we got to the Grand Floridian Café and were told that myself and my husband looked too young to order alcohol and that they had no way of checking our ages in the system. Fair enough. My husband and I rarely drink and it wasn't a huge deal. But then our server brought out a beer for my husband (apparently he no longer needed ID) and a child's cup with a tinkerbell light on it full of fruit juice for me. I am still floored by this. My husband did not want to drink alone and it was so insulting for the restaurant to accuse me of lying about my age and then bring me a child's cup/drink. I was humiliated. I understand not being able to order alcohol without the appropriate ID, but I don't understand why they then gave my husband alcohol that he said he no longer wanted (when he also had no ID) and proceeded to make fun of and insult me. Makes no sense. I just wanted to leave as soon as this happened, but my mom was starving and didn't want to try to go somewhere else. I got the lobster burger and it didn't look like any of the photos I've seen of it (it had no sauce and the lobster was dry and rubbery). My mom loves lobster and wouldn't even eat it, though she did enjoy the salmon special she ordered. My husband also enjoyed his steak, but we'll never eat here again or stay at the Grand Floridian based on the strange, insulting service.

• Visited April 2013