“Great food, ok service....” 4 of 5 stars

Grand Floridian Cafe
Ranked #128 of 3,632 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Gluten Free
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Grand Floridian Cafe offers a moderately priced breakfast, lunch and dinner of American favorites. This casual, light-filled restaurant has a charming Victorian setting and overlooks the lovely gardens and pool at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.Start your day with a plate of Mickey Waffles or a hearty Three-Egg Omelet. For lunch, choose from an assortment of salads, soups, sandwiches and daily specials. Dinner selections include fresh seafood, chicken and delectable steaks.
Edmond, OK
“Great food, ok service....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

This was our first meal on our Disney trip. We were seated on time. I had the burger with lobster and it was fantastic. My husband had a steak and he said it was cooked perfectly (MR). The service wasn't great and our drink refills were slow. The dessert sampler was cute and tasted ok. I would definitely go back here to eat but i would not expect great service.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank worleygirl

Toronto, Canada
“Poor service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Ate here on our first night at Disney World. We were told at checkin that we should lock up our cards and IDs in the room safe and just use our Disney World issued card to pay for everything, so that's what we did. We figured that the card was used as ID as it is on the Disney cruises and were surprised when we got to the Grand Floridian Café and were told that myself and my husband looked too young to order alcohol and that they had no way of checking our ages in the system. Fair enough. My husband and I rarely drink and it wasn't a huge deal. But then our server brought out a beer for my husband (apparently he no longer needed ID) and a child's cup with a tinkerbell light on it full of fruit juice for me. I am still floored by this. My husband did not want to drink alone and it was so insulting for the restaurant to accuse me of lying about my age and then bring me a child's cup/drink. I was humiliated. I understand not being able to order alcohol without the appropriate ID, but I don't understand why they then gave my husband alcohol that he said he no longer wanted (when he also had no ID) and proceeded to make fun of and insult me. Makes no sense. I just wanted to leave as soon as this happened, but my mom was starving and didn't want to try to go somewhere else. I got the lobster burger and it didn't look like any of the photos I've seen of it (it had no sauce and the lobster was dry and rubbery). My mom loves lobster and wouldn't even eat it, though she did enjoy the salmon special she ordered. My husband also enjoyed his steak, but we'll never eat here again or stay at the Grand Floridian based on the strange, insulting service.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Eden R
San Antonio, Texas
“A Great Way to Start the Day at the Magic Kingdom”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is a nice place to grab a small to moderate breakfast on your way to the Magic Kingdom. The atmosphere is very keeping to the great Cafes and Resorts along the New England coastline from the early 1900's. The food is fun and inviting, a bit more expensive than other restaurants around WDW. This is a frequent morning ritual for me and it will continue to be one.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank Michael S
Montreal, Qc, Canada
“No Expectations, highly impressed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

On our Magic Kingdom day, we decided to get outside the park to eat dinner and go back to watch the fireworks..
The food is usually better and we were certainly not disappointed.
The service was great eventhough we could not hear everything our server had to say (strong accent).
He kept bringing juice and chocolate milk refills to improve the service:) past one refill, it is WAY too much liquid for a 3 and a 5 years old...
The salmon had a miso glaze and it was the best my father had in a long time. Always scared to get a salmon that will be too cooked but this one was done to perfection. I had the pasta and they were delicious. We paired that with wine and it was overall a great meal. The kids ate the chicken (not fried this time). Everyone at our table (9) had a fine meal and a great time. The grand floridian cafe is not too fancy yet a bit more formal than usual, We just love this hotel!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank sophinetta
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
“Nice formal place to eat without being too fancy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

If you've ever eaten at some of the restaurants at Disney's Grand Floridian resort, you know that some are more formal than others. The GF Café falls in the middle. It offers a formal sit down eating experience without being too fancy. The drink menu offers various "sweet" and "serious" adult beverages. The dinner menu also had good offerings we had the chicken and risotto dish which was delicious. The desserts were okay - nothing spectacular. As with all the staff in the Grand Floridian, the service was excellent.

Visited April 2013