“SKIP THIS FOR DINNER. NOT WORTH IT.”
Review of Hollywood & Vine

Hollywood & Vine
Ranked #280 of 3,926 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Hollywood & Vine restaurant in Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park offers breakfast and lunch buffets featuring Disney Characters, and a dinner buffet with savory American cuisine. This Art Deco-designed restaurant pays tribute to the Golden Age of Tinseltown and proudly displays in neon across the entrance that this is the "Cafeteria to the Stars" Character Dining at Breakfast and LunchJoin pals June from Disney's Little Einsteins, Jake the Neverland pirate, Handy Manny and Special Agent Oso at Hollywood & Vine for Disney Junior Play 'n Dine—a lively dining experience offered at 2 fun-filled, musical meals!Breakfast Buffet: Start your day with song! Sing along with your hosts to familiar Disney Junior tunes, and savor a delicious breakfast buffet featuring favorites like Mickey Mouse-shaped waffles, frittatas and fresh fruit.Lunch Buffet: The Disney Junior pals continue the festivities at lunch with more singing, dancing and playing. Across the lunch buffet, find kid- and adult-friendly entrees, such as baked chicken and assorted deli selections.Dinner BuffetFamilies can delight in a delectable dinner buffet that features American cuisine freshly prepared at on-stage cooking stations. Dishes may include such specialties as herb-crusted baked salmon with citrus butter, and red pepper pesto multigrain pasta (vegetarian). Fresh-roasted meats, peel-and-eat shrimp and mussels complete the array of savory selections. End dinner on the sweet side with treats from the sundae station and dessert bar.
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We paid close to $200 for a mediocre buffett. Our surly waitress--who only brought over drinks--wound up with an included gratuity of $30! We had the Fantasmic Dinner package, but I would have preferred to spend that money somewhere else. This was a cafeteria. Desserts were good, but dinner seemed recycled. Had a separate kids dinner section. We are by no means fancy diners, but this place, just skip it if you are solely looking for somewhere to eat for dinner. We are not looking for character meals, so can't comment on that, but if you are looking for a reasonable dinner, check elsewhere.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,203)

Reviewed August 26, 2011

We booked this for the fantasmic dinner package. The reviews were not good but we thought what the heck - and we were right not to listen! The service was excellent! The food was excellent - could not fault it! All you can eat buffet and the salads were out of this world! Plenty of choice for all the family. I would definitely eat here again. The only criticism if I have to is that maybe it was the most spectacular restaurant I have ever eaten at. Some of the disney restaurants being themed have lovely decor and are interesting and fun experiences. This was quite uninteresting. But we all loved the food and would definitely without doubt eat here again.

1  Thank sarah c
Reviewed August 20, 2011

I booked this so we'd be ready to run for Toy Story Midway Mania Fast Passes as soon as the ropes dropped. I'd heard wonderful things about the breakfast and while the Playhouse Disney characters aren't as popular, my kids like them. Check in was smooth and we were seated quickly in a more quiet spot. Our girls were still pretty beat from the night before, so we were happy that the characters were still on the other side.

We got a quick visit from the chef to discuss allergies and we were off. The corned beef hash here was my fave of the trip and the cheesy eggs and potatoes were YUM! My younger daughter was also in love with the chocolate muffin I brought for myself. All in all - the food and wait staff service was great.

The girls weren't quite awake the first time the characters came around. I felt really bad, so I talked to all of them...Manny and I talked about tools, I showed Leo that we know how to drive the ship, we admired June's dress and shoes, and we did "3 easy steps" with Oso. They get up and dance with special Playhouse Disney cast members during the meal and the girls also wanted nothing to do with that the first time around. Thankfully, the characters had enough time to loop the dining room twice during our meal and the girls had warmed up for round 2. They were all really great, but Oso was the rock star of the bunch! Shortly after this they asked everyone with bdays to come up and dance and this was when the girls decided to participate. In fact, they didn't want to sit down.

We even finished up in time to have about 3 or 4 min to prep for rope drop and the fast pass run. We would HIGHLY recommend this breakfast.

2  Thank HouCuseChickie
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Hollywood and Vine is not a place to visit for the fine cuisine. In fact I would'ent bother going for lunch unless you have small children in your party. The food was typical "Buffet" as far as selection and taste go. The characters are very cute and the little ones love them. They are playful and came to the table often. I think its worth going just for the sake of the memories you will make but one time per vacation is prob. enough.

1  Thank magnme2001
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I would just give two stars if this one did come with Fantasmic preferred seating.

The service was fine and served the purpose but the waitress was too busy to deal with too many tables. So we didn't really talk about anything other than she passed the pass to Fantasmic to me.

The food was fine as an average buffet. The steak was not as good as Boma in Animal Kingdom lodge, nor the roasted chicken. Only one soup was provided. only one bowl of fruit was served to scoop from. The dessert section had limited options.

I guess in the end, the kids are fed and we avoid getting to the show one hour earlier than the starting time. I will think twice before I book here again.