“Great idea for small kids!”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hollywood & Vine

Hollywood & Vine
Ranked #286 of 3,763 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Hollywood & Vine restaurant in Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park offers breakfast and lunch buffets featuring Disney Characters, and a dinner buffet with savory American cuisine. This Art Deco-designed restaurant pays tribute to the Golden Age of Tinseltown and proudly displays in neon across the entrance that this is the "Cafeteria to the Stars" Character Dining at Breakfast and LunchJoin pals June from Disney's Little Einsteins, Jake the Neverland pirate, Handy Manny and Special Agent Oso at Hollywood & Vine for Disney Junior Play 'n Dine—a lively dining experience offered at 2 fun-filled, musical meals!Breakfast Buffet: Start your day with song! Sing along with your hosts to familiar Disney Junior tunes, and savor a delicious breakfast buffet featuring favorites like Mickey Mouse-shaped waffles, frittatas and fresh fruit.Lunch Buffet: The Disney Junior pals continue the festivities at lunch with more singing, dancing and playing. Across the lunch buffet, find kid- and adult-friendly entrees, such as baked chicken and assorted deli selections.Dinner BuffetFamilies can delight in a delectable dinner buffet that features American cuisine freshly prepared at on-stage cooking stations. Dishes may include such specialties as herb-crusted baked salmon with citrus butter, and red pepper pesto multigrain pasta (vegetarian). Fresh-roasted meats, peel-and-eat shrimp and mussels complete the array of savory selections. End dinner on the sweet side with treats from the sundae station and dessert bar.
Rockford, Illinois
“Great idea for small kids!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

Hollywood and Vine is not a place to visit for the fine cuisine. In fact I would'ent bother going for lunch unless you have small children in your party. The food was typical "Buffet" as far as selection and taste go. The characters are very cute and the little ones love them. They are playful and came to the table often. I think its worth going just for the sake of the memories you will make but one time per vacation is prob. enough.

• Visited November 2010
1 Thank magnme2001

• Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
“Average american buffet comes with prefered seating at Fantasmic show”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

I would just give two stars if this one did come with Fantasmic preferred seating.

The service was fine and served the purpose but the waitress was too busy to deal with too many tables. So we didn't really talk about anything other than she passed the pass to Fantasmic to me.

The food was fine as an average buffet. The steak was not as good as Boma in Animal Kingdom lodge, nor the roasted chicken. Only one soup was provided. only one bowl of fruit was served to scoop from. The dessert section had limited options.

I guess in the end, the kids are fed and we avoid getting to the show one hour earlier than the starting time. I will think twice before I book here again.

• Visited August 2011
Altamonte Springs, Florida
“Not a good option for the Fantasmic Dinner Package”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

We couldn't get into other restaurants because they were all booked. However, this restaurant had plenty of seats available. I would say this place is not bad while at the same time not average either especially for all the places Disney has to offer.

Highlights:
1. This place is a mad house. Definitely not a relaxed environment. Just think of a High School cafeteria during lunch. The staff is unable to keep the floors clean and the tables although they have been wiped will still seem dirty. They turn over people fast so your table will be wet from cleaning solution when you get to it. This just ruins my appetite.

2. You cant be picky here. The food is mass produced with very little flavor and character. I will admit that I had been spoiled from eating at some of Disney's finest establishments so perhaps my expectations were much higher than they had to offer. I would say this is the worst place I dined at Disney. If this is all you have to choose from for the Fantasmic dinner package, do it but consider it buying reserved seating for the show.

3. Desserts were limited to cookies and ice cream. Nothing fancy. It seemed like they open a big box of cookies that they get shipped and just put it out there.

4. Strange Story 1: As we were in line to get food. A little girl (7 maybe) was getting food by herself. She was serving herself some type of rice, then sneezed, spilled a bunch of rice on the counter, wiped her snot with her hand, then proceeded to grab the rice with her hands to put it back. I of course alerted someone there and they too the rice out. Where was this kids parents? Like I said, Mad House!

5. Strange Story 2: The table next to us was 3 young boys and an adult (I would guess one or all the kids mom but I dont want to make assumptions). Boy 1 decided to load his plate up with 8 meatballs and ONLY 8 meatballs. Keep in mind these meatballs were the size of golf balls. He cuts 1 of them in half and eats half (btw, I noticed this not because I was being nosey but because his plate stuck out to me).Then about 10 min later, he had the other 7 and 1/2 meatballs hauled away. Im thinking, maybe he didnt like it so that makes sense. Then again, maybe the adult should have advised the kid to get less as he can always get more. The boy then goes back in line and returns with ... you guessed it.... 5 more meatballs. Need I finish the story? Not a word from the adult even when he had the other 4.5 meatballs thrown away yet again. Like I said, Mad House!

• Visited June 2011
2 Thank Jherome D
Syracuse NY
“Below Average”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

My family did the Fantasmic package so we chose Hollywood & Vine for dinner(no characters). It was a buffet with very average to below average tasting food. It is ok for kids, but I would not go back. Nothing seemed homemade and everything was mass produced. Next time I will decide on one of the other restuarants that the package offers...

• Visited May 2011
Millbury, Massachusetts
“Great for Young Children”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

My son loved every bit of this experience and has already asked to have his birthday celebration here next year (we will be returning to Disney in April). The characters were friendly and playful, which is great for small children. There was not a lot of food to choose from but the food that was there was good. It is a little pricey for breakfast but the experience and the enjoyment that my son had was worth every penny. We had 8:15am reservations, which worked perfectly. The restaurant was not crowded and we were done just as the park was opening. It was a great way to start a great day!

• Visited July 2011