“excellent place to dine in Epcot”

Tutto Italia Ristorante
Ranked #251 of 4,079 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This was a great place to get high quality Italian food in a fine dining setting, but also able to bring kids to. The handmade pasta is very good, the desserts are excellent!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,419)

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food but very expensive. Special meals only. Service was really slow but I expect it was intentional. Noise level was acceptable because we ate outside. Patio dining was much better than in doors

Reviewed December 19, 2013

This was our first time to dine here and we came away impressed. The service was prompt and friendly with good recommendations on appetizers, entrees and desserts. The food came out at a good pace and was very tasty. The experience was very favorable and we had a good time. The restaurant is located near the middle of the World Showcase at Epcot which guarantees a nice walk to allow time for your meal to digest!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Epcot - my favorite place. We were looking forward to dinner at Tutto Italia. My wife and I were with my son and his family (three kids from 3 to 7). We arrived at the Italian pavilion at bit early for our reservations at 8:00pm. No problem. We were seated immediately. It was a long day... the kids were hungry... the adults were tired... and we just wanted to relax and unwind a bit before the best fireworks display known to mankind.

We ordered appetizers and soups and enjoyed them. Delicious! We each ordered a salad (our kids love salad) and enjoyed those as well. I was almost startled by how quickly the food was coming out of the kitchen and remarked about how efficient it all seemed.

The kids each had the spaghetti and meatballs. They seemed to enjoy it very much. I tasted the little guy's meatball and was surprised. Although it was quite tasty, it wasn't very tender. But in Italy there must be dozens of iterations of meatball recipes.

I had the Filletto di Sogliolo in Butter Wine Sauce. The fish was deep fried which I didn't expect. But one taste and I was a fan. The fish was cooked perfectly, the outside was crispy and the inside was almost creamy. The sauce was excellent and the asparagus was delicious. It was a winner.

My son had the Polenta Valsugana, and when asked to describe it, he said; "decadent - now leave me alone with my food for a few minutes". I take that as another winner.

My daughter-in-law had the Cannelone which she described as surprisingly rich and delicious.

My wife had the Fettuccini Vecchia Roma which she said she didn't care for. I tasted it and also thought it was not very good. The pasta was cooked al dente but ended up an almost solid mass when combined with a much too think sauce that tasted like poster paste. I told her to send it back but that's something she just doesn't do. She made up for it with desserts.

All through dinner people were coming to the table to ask if we were done. It got to be a little annoying. We ordered cappuccino and dessert and hoped to linger for a few minutes to review our day and talk about plans for the next day. And we did that... but the check came almost with the coffee and I had a sense that they needed the table. A quick look around, however, dispelled that notion. There were plenty of empty tables. My tip was generous enough to allow for a little conversation over coffee and dessert. It was a little disappointing.

I must make one observation. The first time we went to Epcot was when our kids were quite young - in the 80's. We are of Italian descent and so we always have eaten dinner at the Italian pavilion because we prefer Italian food. All those years ago the restaurant was Alfredo's. My recollection of that place seemed not only more elegant, but also more genuinely friendly. They had strolling musicians and singers going from table to table taking requests, and people seemed to have a much more enjoyable time. It's never only about the food. I'd love to be able to do Alfredo's in Epcot again.

1  Thank Bob F
Reviewed December 13, 2013

1st visit to Tutto and it was one of the best meals I have ever eaten! Yes it was pricey, lucky to have had the meal plan. Service was excellent and the desert was equally as impressive. Hope to be able to go back again!!!