“BEST place to eat at Disney”

Le Cellier Steakhouse
Ranked #150 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada Pavilion offers refuge to red meat lovers beneath the bustle of Epcot theme park in a setting inspired by the wine cellars of the grandest Canadian chateau-style hotels: Le Chateau Frontenac and Fairmont Chateau Laurier.At Le Cellier Steakhouse, feast on regional cuisine based on recipes from the provinces of Canada. Open for lunch and dinner, the restaurant features succulent prime rib and filet mignon from aged corn-fed beef, and pan-seared seafood, along with its signature dish, Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. The extensive children's menu aims to please the picky eater.Warm each meal with a fine Canadian wine, chosen from the vintages displayed in glass and wood cases surrounding the restaurant's intimate interior illuminated by ambient lighting. The dessert menu includes a chocolate ""moose"" with character.To ensure a seat at this celebrated cellar decorated with stone arches and candle chandeliers, make reservations up to 180 days in advance. Then head north for a sensational sizzling steakhouse experience
Reviewed January 27, 2011

I'm glad that this was the last place we had dinner on our week long trip to Disney. If we had eaten here first we would have been very disappointed in all the other restaurants' food and service.
There is a reason the specialty of the house is the mushroom filet mignon. It's is amazing! I"d never had white truffle sauce before this meal. I was very very pleased. I had to order mine well done because I'm pregnant and even so it was still the best steak I've ever had. My husband had his medium rare and it looked so good!
Our waitress was very knowledgeable and friendly and the atmosphere was great. A very good experience.

Side note. If you have a very large party you may not be seated together. We had 15 and had to split up into two groups on opposite sides of the restaurant. It didn't bother me, but some people may not like that.

Our dining plan didn't include appetizers, so I missed our on the cheese soup. The smores dessert is FOR KIDS, be warned. I expected something totally different. I got a multi colored dish covered in sprinkles. lol

Reviewed January 26, 2011

we ordered prime rib, but were upsold by waitress to K.C steak. (more expensive) Steak was tough to chew. Waitress suggested we should have known (?) that this type steak is tougher than others, "close to bone, etc..." whatever.
2nd issue was the responce by a trained server. Blame our ignorance & no mngt visit.

The flavors were great, but we can get this type treatment for less. Reflects poorly on managements training.

Reviewed January 24, 2011

We had reservations for lunch, and I was happy we selected this restaurant. I think overall it's one of the best Disney has to offer, keeping in mind of course that dining at Disney is not like dining in the real world.

We had an appetizer sampler with the famous cheese soup (especially appreciated on a rainy day like it was) along with crab and tomato dishes. The bread trio included the pretzel bread which was perfect for dipping in the soup. The Canadian beer selection was fun and the Canadian servers were enthusiastic about their homeland.

The entrees were just as promised and reasonably priced. I had the filet over the risotto. I almost feel like it was a touch overseasoned - too salty - which I find myself surprised to say. I feel like quality meat, such as it was, can stand on its own. It doesn't need to be drizzled in the risotto sauce. That said, I ate it all of course, haha!

I would definitely recommend Le Cellier for lunch or any meal while at Disney.

2  Thank SunnyInCleveland
Reviewed January 20, 2011

This place is one of the coolest places to eat at EPCOT. First of all, it is in a cellar - and the atmosphere is fantastic! I am not a steak eater, but since it is know for it's steaks, I decided to have one. I am so glad I did! It was incredible! I can not stress enough how good our meal was! The food was delicious, presentation was amazing, service was great, and the prices were very mid-range. I have paid 3x's as much for the same kind of meal at CHOPS in Atlanta - and this was better!! Also - don't forget to get the beer cheese soup! It is to die for!! I doubt that there is a bad meal to be had here. They have stuff for the kids, so don't worry about taking the family and having a great meal for the adults! Be sure to make reservations, too. We ate here as part of the Candlelight Processional at Christmas. Once you price the meal, for the cost of the package, it was like getting the Processional for $10!! It was a great experience and a restaurant we will eat at EVERY time we visit EPCOT!!

Reviewed January 17, 2011

Totally enjoyed our meal at Le Cellier Steakhouse in EPCOT. The steaks could be cut with a fork. They melted in your mouth. Would highly recommend this place to everyone! Even the deserts were excellent. Definitely will be going back to this one.