“Tastes great, but overly expensive and small portions!”

Le Cellier Steakhouse
Ranked #147 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada Pavilion offers refuge to red meat lovers beneath the bustle of Epcot theme park in a setting inspired by the wine cellars of the grandest Canadian chateau-style hotels: Le Chateau Frontenac and Fairmont Chateau Laurier.At Le Cellier Steakhouse, feast on regional cuisine based on recipes from the provinces of Canada. Open for lunch and dinner, the restaurant features succulent prime rib and filet mignon from aged corn-fed beef, and pan-seared seafood, along with its signature dish, Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. The extensive children's menu aims to please the picky eater.Warm each meal with a fine Canadian wine, chosen from the vintages displayed in glass and wood cases surrounding the restaurant's intimate interior illuminated by ambient lighting. The dessert menu includes a chocolate ""moose"" with character.To ensure a seat at this celebrated cellar decorated with stone arches and candle chandeliers, make reservations up to 180 days in advance. Then head north for a sensational sizzling steakhouse experience
Reviewed August 29, 2014

My husband had always wanted to try Le Cellier, but this was the first time we were able to get an ADR. We had a 1:55 p.m. ADR. The restaurant was quite busy when we arrived, but we waited only a few minutes after checking in before being seated. It was extremely hot so the air conditioning was refreshing. The décor is rather dark. The menu illuminates upon opening, which I appreciated since I wear glasses and have trouble reading in low lighting situations. Our server, Caitlynn, was very friendly, explained the food, made recommendations, talked about her home in Canada, and working at Disney.

We were served a bread basket with a variety of breads, but the standout was the pretzel bread. We requested another loaf, which we divided three ways. We could have gotten more, but we all wanted to save room for dessert. We did not realize at this point, that the entrée portions would be so small.

DH and I both had the Filet Mignon and DD had the children’s Grilled Chicken. For dessert we had the Crème Brûlée and Smoked Mousse, which as another reviewer noted, is like a fancy smore. It was very tasty, but exceptionally small. DH tried the Beer Trio Flight. He liked two out of the three beers. Everything is a la carte. While all the food was excellent, the portions were very small. We spent $200 and left hungry. For all the hype we were disappointed. There are definitely better values to be had at Disney. I’m glad my husband finally got to try it, but we all agree we won’t be back.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

We were greeted by very friendly staff that seated us promptly (you must have reservations!). The waitress was very friendly and also very professional. I ordered the NY strip (Angus New York Strip Caramelized Onion Pastry, Flora Nelle Cheese, Ramps, Wilted Kale, Cabernet Butter) it seemed to be 12oz, this was $45. The steak was topped with a large glob of garlic/wine butter. I asked for medium and it came out perfectly pink, very thick. My wife ordered Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup made with Moosehead Beer, “Nueske’s” Applewood-Smoked Bacon $10 and the Le Cellier Poutine Canadian Cheddar, Black Truffle, Red Wine Reduction (basically cheese fries) $9.00. The soup was terrific and the cheese fries were very unique. I am a cheese fry guy, get cheese and bacon added to my side fries at all the steak houses. The poutine (fries) here were the best tasting cheese fries I have ever eaten. There was complementary bread: pretzel bread and 2 big rolls, more available if wanted. We shared, I am an eater and was stuffed when finished. Our bill came to 80 including tip (68 + 12). We both drank ice water. The complete menu can be found at the Disney website as this restaurant is in Canada at Epcot. If you are on the dining plan, definitely dont use 2 credits, that's approx $70 (for 2 people, thats $140ish worth of dining) and you could easily feed 2 people here with 1 complete meal as I have described. We are not super skinny people that barely eat. We have been going to WDW for many years (multiple times/yr from Indiana) and this was our first visit to Le Cellier, we will not me making it a habit to come here but will definitely be back again.

1  Thank Jeff C
Reviewed August 27, 2014

The steaks were fantastic and the salmon as well. We each had a different dessert and tried each other's and I'd have to stay that the no sugar added dessert was the tastiest! The waitstaff is exceptionally knowledgeable and everything was delicious and presented perfectly and in a timely fashion. No one it has such high recommendations!

Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

We have always wanted to try here after reading and hearing so much about it. We had a lunch reservation. I ordered halibut which was very good; however the rest of my party ordered steak. They found about half of it to be fatty. Also, if you are on the Disney dining plan this is 2 credits for table service. Definitely not worth it. The atmosphere is just ok. We all found the restaurant in Mexico (san Angel I think) to be much nicer and better food if you want to eat in Epcot.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Haven eaten here before expected a lot more than we got menu has changed and not worth 2 dining credits from Disney Dining Plan :( Will use credits elsewhere in the future

1  Thank Disneyfamily0811