“Best steak at WDW”

Le Cellier Steakhouse
Ranked #140 of 3,763 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada Pavilion offers refuge to red meat lovers beneath the bustle of Epcot theme park in a setting inspired by the wine cellars of the grandest Canadian chateau-style hotels: Le Chateau Frontenac and Fairmont Chateau Laurier.At Le Cellier Steakhouse, feast on regional cuisine based on recipes from the provinces of Canada. Open for lunch and dinner, the restaurant features succulent prime rib and filet mignon from aged corn-fed beef, and pan-seared seafood, along with its signature dish, Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. The extensive children's menu aims to please the picky eater.Warm each meal with a fine Canadian wine, chosen from the vintages displayed in glass and wood cases surrounding the restaurant's intimate interior illuminated by ambient lighting. The dessert menu includes a chocolate ""moose"" with character.To ensure a seat at this celebrated cellar decorated with stone arches and candle chandeliers, make reservations up to 180 days in advance. Then head north for a sensational sizzling steakhouse experience
Easton, Pennsylvania
“Best steak at WDW”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

We come to Le Cellier every year and always look forward to the meal. It is the best steak on property. We all had filets. My daughter was the only one to have an appetizer- the cheese soup. It is always tasty. I love the pretzel bread so I pass on the appetizers.

We used the Dining plan and it was well worth the 2 credits.We ordered a variety of desserts to share and all were good. The Joffrey coffee is great. Service was friendly and efficient . We will return next trip!

• Thai first
“Excellent restaurant, but...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

Let's face it, most people think Le Cellier is some mythical restaurant residing in a magical underground cavern somewhere in the Epcot Center. This is due to the fact that the restaurant normally has a 9-month waiting list.

Allow me to briefly explain that this ridiculous waiting list is a product of a TINY dining room and a slightly over-hyped reputation.

I've had the pleasure of dining here twice now, and I would have given it 5 stars were it not for the 2 points I just mentioned before.

Sadly, I believed the hype the first time, and went in expecting a dining experience to overshadow all others! Of course the meal was excellent, but it wasn't "the best I ever had". Also, it is a little crowded down there, which made me feel only slightly uncomfortable.

If you can get a reservation, I highly encourage you to get down in to Le Cellier, order the cheddar cheese soup, your favorite steak, and any one of their yummy desserts. You will love it all.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank JamesRaynor
NH
“Good food with your fellow diners.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

This is the one restaurant that we were really looking forward to. We have been to Quebec and Montreal and love the atmosphere. When we were seated, we were so close to the other diners that we felt like we were dining with them. Food was great but not worth 2 dining credits.

Visited December 2013
Vicksburg, Michigan
“Best steak on property”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

My family and I have always wanted to try the steakhouse in the Canada pavilion but were never able to get a table. That is until this year, and it was worth the wait. The menus are a technical feat on their own and the contents delicious. We had the filet and the New York strip. The beer cheese soup is wonderful and the bread service is tasty.
When we got our meals they came out done to our liking and from the first bite to the last it was wonderful. The wait staff was friendly knowledgable and funny. Word of advice though. Use the dinning plan and make sure you have 2 table service points per person other wise it is very pricey. Over all it was a great experience.

Rochester, New York
“Too much hype but still good...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

For years I have been wanting to eat at this restaurant so there was great anticipation when a reservation was obtained.
The restaurant (6:20 pm reservation) was incredibly busy. The ambiance was nice and could have been romantic, but the tables were incredibly close together and it was too loud, making it difficult to enjoy. The food and service was as I expected - above average.
In hindsight, I had placed too high of an expectation on this restaurant. I had better food and enjoyed the atmosphere at other restaurants more, in part because they didn't have the same standard Le Cellier had to live up to. Go if you've always wanted to, but keep the rose colored glasses at home.

• Visited July 2014