“Too much hype but still good...”

Le Cellier Steakhouse
Ranked #155 of 3,882 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada Pavilion offers refuge to red meat lovers beneath the bustle of Epcot theme park in a setting inspired by the wine cellars of the grandest Canadian chateau-style hotels: Le Chateau Frontenac and Fairmont Chateau Laurier.At Le Cellier Steakhouse, feast on regional cuisine based on recipes from the provinces of Canada. Open for lunch and dinner, the restaurant features succulent prime rib and filet mignon from aged corn-fed beef, and pan-seared seafood, along with its signature dish, Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. The extensive children's menu aims to please the picky eater.Warm each meal with a fine Canadian wine, chosen from the vintages displayed in glass and wood cases surrounding the restaurant's intimate interior illuminated by ambient lighting. The dessert menu includes a chocolate ""moose"" with character.To ensure a seat at this celebrated cellar decorated with stone arches and candle chandeliers, make reservations up to 180 days in advance. Then head north for a sensational sizzling steakhouse experience
Reviewed August 5, 2014

For years I have been wanting to eat at this restaurant so there was great anticipation when a reservation was obtained.
The restaurant (6:20 pm reservation) was incredibly busy. The ambiance was nice and could have been romantic, but the tables were incredibly close together and it was too loud, making it difficult to enjoy. The food and service was as I expected - above average.
In hindsight, I had placed too high of an expectation on this restaurant. I had better food and enjoyed the atmosphere at other restaurants more, in part because they didn't have the same standard Le Cellier had to live up to. Go if you've always wanted to, but keep the rose colored glasses at home.

4  Thank Derusha

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

This was our first time and from the poutine to the scallops appetizer right down to the risotto (with bacon) under my amazing filet....We just loved every morsel of food we tried. We will go back again.

1  Thank Liz B
Reviewed August 3, 2014

With 7 of us, it wasn't a cheap meal, but everyone enjoyed it. My daughters shared a fillet, and all had a dessert. I had a ribeye while everyone else but my son had the fillet He had the fish. Desserts were split between the maple creme brulee and chocolate moose.

If it just wasn't so expensive.

1  Thank Mzznlink
Reviewed August 3, 2014

okay, not trying to be sarcastic. This visit was the eight time we dined here over the years. we always made it a "tradition" for my birthday to have a meal here.

The menu has obviously changed, as has the atmosphere. we usually book later in the evening, and we did this time also. still very crowded and felt cramped at our table, being close enough to hear other tables conversation. not desirable. also, a lot of little kids that have raised the noise level and seem to wander around while the parents are eating. Is this a new trend?

The food this trip, sad to say, was just about like what you could get at any other steakhouse.
The food was okay. steak was done as asked, but that was about it. The wait staff, as always, were attentive and accommodating.

we are probably going to skip this one next year, as the effort to get the reservations are just not worth it.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

My family and I went to Le Cellier to celebrate my adult daughters birthday. I am sad to say from the very start, things were less than expected. When we arrived there were 6 people standing at the desk doing NOTHING. The floors were littered with paper, yet the dirty broom and dust pan stood very noticeably in the corner. Not something I want to see when I enter a restaurant.There was a frantic look on the face of an obvious trainee earning her ears and no one was helping her. Everyone else was talking about personal plans and how they are navigating the system for department transfer. When we were taken to our table, the person never acknowledged that we were celebrating anything. My daughter even had the pin on that was presented to her by an earlier cast member. We were sitting for quite a while before a hurried server came up and quickly took our drink order and promised to return. It took forever to get drinks and they were all wrong when she brought them. She later forgot side dishes that we ordered, never brought requested refills, never brought extra napkins. Our steaks were overly greasy from way too much butter or oil during preparation. We requested to speak to the manager on duty and were told he was very busy with other guests. I wonder why? The final straw was when we asked if they do anything special to celebrate birthdays and they said no. If we wanted dessert we had to order it separately. We are not the type to ask for a loud scene of cast members singing happy birthday, I was just hoping for SOME acknowledgement of our celebration and something to remember. As a local, I will never return. There are far too many pleasant restaurants on property I can enjoy to celebrate life's special occasions. We did a do-over celebration at Shula's. The only good thing that came out of this visit is that we learned Shula's is a much better choice for a great steak and a very nice birthday experience.

5  Thank Kathy J