“Le Cellier…disappointing at best” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Cellier Steakhouse

Le Cellier Steakhouse
Ranked #146 of 3,744 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada Pavilion offers refuge to red meat lovers beneath the bustle of Epcot theme park in a setting inspired by the wine cellars of the grandest Canadian chateau-style hotels: Le Chateau Frontenac and Fairmont Chateau Laurier.At Le Cellier Steakhouse, feast on regional cuisine based on recipes from the provinces of Canada. Open for lunch and dinner, the restaurant features succulent prime rib and filet mignon from aged corn-fed beef, and pan-seared seafood, along with its signature dish, Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. The extensive children's menu aims to please the picky eater.Warm each meal with a fine Canadian wine, chosen from the vintages displayed in glass and wood cases surrounding the restaurant's intimate interior illuminated by ambient lighting. The dessert menu includes a chocolate ""moose"" with character.To ensure a seat at this celebrated cellar decorated with stone arches and candle chandeliers, make reservations up to 180 days in advance. Then head north for a sensational sizzling steakhouse experience
Rutland, Massachusetts
“Le Cellier…disappointing at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014

Le Cellier is a signature restaurant in the Canadian Pavilion at Epcot. For one reason or another I had to cancel our two last previous reservations and this was my third try. I was so excited to finally being able to dine at the famous Le Cellier. We checked in a little early and took in the garden by night, still quite lovely. We made our way inside and was told it would be just a couple of minutes…more like a 40 and this was why. You see a bridal party came waltzing in, party of 8, I believe. They did not have reservations but lo and behold seems they were from Canada and miraculously they just happened to have a table for them but that meant that we were put on hold. I guess it just wasn’t our night. There was no place to sit as the bridal party and another party of 4 also waiting took up all the space. The host tried to be chatty asking us where we were from. When we answered Massachusetts it was odd that he became quite standoffish at that point. My imagination? I don’t think so. Why? Don’t know that either. We were finally seated and greeted by our overenthusiastic waiter. We chose to order cokes all around and then placed our orders. Our drinks arrived rather quickly followed by our apps. My daughter had the Cheddar cheese soup made with Moosehead Beer and Bacon which she said was unbelievable while I ordered the Chefs Gardens” Specialty Greens with Peaches, Plums, Toasted Pecans and Goat Cheese. My husband had the Seared Diver Scallops with Wild Mushrooms, Black Garlic, Apple-radish Salad, Ephemere Beer Reduction and that didn’t turn out so well. First bite and I could hear the crunch from across the table. Sand. The second scallop was great and the third…more sand. The problem wasn’t the sand though…when my husband told our waiter he was in utter disbelief to the point that he didn’t believe it could happen. “I assure you that this has never happened. The scallops are double washed.” Well someone dropped the ball. He did offer to bring him another plate but he wasn’t in the mood for more sand. My daughter had the Broiled Alaskan Halibut with Long Bean, Cippolini Onions, Asparagus Tips and Shellfish Butter Sauce which was baked too long because it was dry. My husband and I had the famous Mushroom Filet Mignon with Wild Mushroom Risotto, White Truffle-Butter Sauce and Micro Chervil. It was to die for. So incredibly good. We finished with desserts, Trio of Chocolate which was Canadian Club Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Sorbet, and Warm Chocolate-Almond Cake. Lemon Cheesecake with Citrus Salad and Mandarin Gelée and the Caramelized Apricot Peach Cake with Stone Fruit Salad and Apricot Sorbet. All of these were delicious. We left, deciding that after all the misses trying to dine here in the past that Le Cellier wasn’t for us and we would not be returning any time soon. Sorry Le Cellier lovers. It just wasn’t what we expected a signature dining experience should be.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank shadowryter

• Thai first
Troy, NY
“Manage your expectations.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I really thought a lot about this because I want to be fair. I had heard that Le Cellier was the place to eat at Disney and had tried to get a table on a visit about 6 years ago and wasn't able to. This time I made a point of doing it advance.

So we arrive 10 minutes early and are asked to return closer to our assigned time. I said ok but thought that odd. We made a point to return exactly at our assigned time. We we checked in and had to wait 20 minutes. Not a terrible wait but there is no bar and for a place so picky about being on time I was annoyed by the wait. Just as i was about to say something we were ushered to our table by a polite young lady. Our waitress followed shortly after and was extremely polite and while obviously busy didn't make us feel rushed. She sold the Poulin hard( a Canadian French fry cheddar cheese appetizer) and we were glad she did. It was quite good. The filet was good and my partners chicken dish was very good.

But from reading some I f the negative reviews I think people had an unrealistic expectation if the restaurant. It's a steakhouse in Epcot center. For the caliber of food it's overpriced. A better meal could be had at a Ruth's Chris for sure. There were a lot of kids and it was loud. But you have to remember you are in Disney world and you pay a premium for that. If I was seeking the best steak in Orlando would I go there? No. If I was looking for a good dinner before the fireworks would I return - definately. It was good the food was better than average but don't expect a 200 dollar experience for a 200 dollar dinner. I wasn't expecting that so we were not disappointed. I'm glad we went and we would return but not because the place is outstanding, rather because it is convenient and nicer than most places I've eaten in Epcot.

2 Thank cdubb518
Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Our Best Meal at Disney”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Le Cellier is Disney Dining at its best. The cozy atmosphere of the restaurant, the friendliness of the servers, and the high quality of the food make it an excellent experience.

For our meal, my wife, daughter and I all ordered the filet mignon, and it was, simply, the best steak we had at Disney, and it is one of the best steaks I have ever had. It is super tender, juicy, and cooked exactly as ordered. The steak is served on a bed of sweat pea risotto, which brings a fresh and light balance with the richness of the steak. For dessert, my wife had the Chocolate "Moose" and I chose the Citrus Olive Oil Cake. Both desserts were very good, but I would recommend the chocolate over the cake.

Le Cellier is one of our favorite stops, and this visit did not disappoint. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

If you make a reservation at the start of lunch service, you will be treated to the staff singing "O Canada" to open the restaurant. It is a wonderful tradition that we enjoy so much that we book early to hear it.

• Visited June 2014
andreabricknal
“Extremely Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

We have visited Disney numerous times and have never managed to book a table at Le Cellier Epcot but were lucky to get a reservation for this visit. Well at least I thought we were lucky until we visited and had the worst service so far during our visit which was certainly not expected from a fine dining restaurant t that cost two of our credits.

It began when the waitress, Ashleigh, did not know which of the drinks she delivered were diet or not and she then pointed out that I had not used my butter knife. These were paled into insignificance by the service for the rest of the visit. While people were still eating their main course she began clearing people's plates as they finished finally leaving only one person with some of their meal to finish. As if this was not bad enough she then brought the dessert menus and said we could look at them while 'he' was still eating. She then came back while my husband was still finishing his steak and asked for our dessert order. At this point I had had enough and said I would not be ordering until my husband had completed his meal

I have never known any restaurants, fine dining or not, behave in this way with what I regard as extremely bad manners and rudeness.

This experience has been completely ruined by this server and I am only sorry that we wasted two credits on this restaurant. The Restaurants in disney are excellent and to say I was disappointed is a massive understatement, I will certainly never return to Le Cellier

4 Thank andreabricknal
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Worst Meal of the Trip”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I want to start by saying that Le Cellier used to be my family's absolute favorite place on Disney property; this is no longer true. This was hands-down the worst meal we had of the entire trip. Everything began fine, but it did not end the same way. We had quite possibly the most unhappy waitress in all of Disney World, who was not interested in our table at all. She never brought us water, never checked on us--well until we had to find a manager. My step-dad ordered chicken and when he asked to substitute in a different side, we were told no. If I'm paying over 40 dollars for a piece of chicken, I should be able to choose a different side (especially since quick service restaurants will customize your meals). I ordered salmon, which was served to me with completely burnt skin, but also completely RAW. The waitress saw us looking at the food and when we tried to wave her down, she turned the other way. Then we got a manager involved. He was a lot of help, took the food off of the bill and even brought me their signature after I said I didn't want anything. I will say that the strip steak my mom ordered was delicious and definitely great quality.

With there being so many other places to eat in Disney, I would never eat here again. Save your money or dining points and spend it at Yachtsman Steakhouse.

2 Thank knm824