“Still living on past reputation - Disappointing.”

Le Cellier Steakhouse
Ranked #327 of 3,940 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada Pavilion offers refuge to red meat lovers beneath the bustle of Epcot theme park in a setting inspired by the wine cellars of the grandest Canadian chateau-style hotels: Le Chateau Frontenac and Fairmont Chateau Laurier.At Le Cellier Steakhouse, feast on regional cuisine based on recipes from the provinces of Canada. Open for lunch and dinner, the restaurant features succulent prime rib and filet mignon from aged corn-fed beef, and pan-seared seafood, along with its signature dish, Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. The extensive children's menu aims to please the picky eater.Warm each meal with a fine Canadian wine, chosen from the vintages displayed in glass and wood cases surrounding the restaurant's intimate interior illuminated by ambient lighting. The dessert menu includes a chocolate ""moose"" with character.To ensure a seat at this celebrated cellar decorated with stone arches and candle chandeliers, make reservations up to 180 days in advance. Then head north for a sensational sizzling steakhouse experience
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Had not eaten here for 5 years when it was one of the best places to eat in Disneyworld. We booked back in November for a birthday celebration and had been increasingly concerned with poor reviews, but kept the reservation due to our past five star experience.
The service was generally good, apart from a 20min wait for our bill.
The main complaint was the quality of the food compared to how much we paid for it. The base ingredients were of high quality but were all ruined by having too many other strong, rich flavours added. They also have no condiments available on the tables?
I had the scallops for starter and sirloin steak for entree.
The scallops were large and juicy but had a crunchy topping and too many sauces surrounding the dish. The steak was again good quality, but had far too many additional strong flavours covering the meat.
My wife had the cheese soup and the tilefish which she was really looking forward to, but was disappointed with both. The cheese soup was just too rich and had the flavour ruined by bacon pieces. The fish was tasty but really small and again had it's flavour smothered by rich sauces.
We shared a portion of poutine, which were basically fries smothered with cheese and a red wine jus, that was just too intense. Plain fries, rice or potato would have been a much better option to compliment the rich flavours from the entrees, but we're not available on the menu.
The best part of the meal was a very nice bottle of rose wine.
The seating is far too close for a fine dining restaurant, as we had a large family with 6 young children seated right next to us.
Our overall bill was $190 and we definitely felt that we had wasted our money.
If your looking for a great fine dining experience at Disneyworld, visit 'Artist Point' at Wilderness Lodge.

1  Thank Colinlyoung
Write a ReviewReviews (2,699)

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was expecting to go to this restaurant for years, finally I could made a reservation. I think the restaurant is worth the visit.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We have visited Disneyworld many times, and eaten at Le Cellier in Epcot frequently. Unfortunately our most recent visit was disappointing. Le Cellier has gone from a one ticket "table Service Meal" on the Disney Dining Plan to a two ticket meal, presumably on the strength of its reputation for superior food. Not so sure the jump was warranted as in our experience (wife & I) the quality has definitely slipped as much as the prices have increased.

OK, the food was good, and the portions sufficient, but it was definitely not as good as it used to be. One of the waitresses told us that they had been through several head chiefs, and that may explain the dip in quality.

Another issue is that Le Cellier's reputation has resulted in a huge demand for reservations. Its a tough place to get into.

Bottom line is that you can do better. Try the Tokyo Dinner for instance.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

My family loves this restaurant! We try to go each time we are at Disney. It is found in Epcot in the world showcase in Canada. They have such wonderful food including their cheese soup as an appetizer. They also bring warm pretzel bread to the table that is amazing and goes well the soup. The ribeye steak is also very good and 24 ounces big. The filet mignon was also a treat for my family. The kids desserts are almost better than adult and the mousse comes out shaped like a moose! Sundae has sprinkles so for an adult ask without. We traveled my parents and two children for a total of six in our party. Two recommendations would be to get on the deluxe dining package and this restaurant uses two of your dinners. Also make reservations as soon as you know you are coming to Disney because it fills up fast and most likely will not get in during your stay if you don't.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was our second time at Le Cellier and it did not disappoint.

I tried one of the many canadian beers on tap, Moosehead Pale Ale which was very good.

For appetizers I had cheddar cheese soup and my wife had the caesar salad. Also both very good, for me the cheddar cheese soup is a must since its such a trademark dish here.

Our main courses my wife had the filet done medium, and I had the venison rack which was very good and tender.

For dessert we both had the creme brûlée.

Both the food and service were excellent. We can't wait to come back again!