“First time visit here”

Ranked #157 of 3,851 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada Pavilion offers refuge to red meat lovers beneath the bustle of Epcot theme park in a setting inspired by the wine cellars of the grandest Canadian chateau-style hotels: Le Chateau Frontenac and Fairmont Chateau Laurier.At Le Cellier Steakhouse, feast on regional cuisine based on recipes from the provinces of Canada. Open for lunch and dinner, the restaurant features succulent prime rib and filet mignon from aged corn-fed beef, and pan-seared seafood, along with its signature dish, Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. The extensive children's menu aims to please the picky eater.Warm each meal with a fine Canadian wine, chosen from the vintages displayed in glass and wood cases surrounding the restaurant's intimate interior illuminated by ambient lighting. The dessert menu includes a chocolate ""moose"" with character.To ensure a seat at this celebrated cellar decorated with stone arches and candle chandeliers, make reservations up to 180 days in advance. Then head north for a sensational sizzling steakhouse experience
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

I always look at the reviews. We decided to see how this place was. The waitresses have too many table so there were times we didn't even see her. The food was very good. My husband and I both had the ribeye. We were on the deluxe dining plan. Takes two credits but they should have left it at 1.

1  Thank checkitout85
There are newer reviews for Le Cellier Steakhouse

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We recently stayed at WDW and had the Disney Dining Plan. We ate at Le Cellier, which was considered a 2 table service credit meal. Well, it was not worth what is essentially $70 per person, and I am sorry we used the credits!

I have eaten at many steakhouses, and this is good, of course, but hardly equal to the prices, or the difficulty in getting a reservation! You have to call 180 days before your stay at WDW. That is absurd.

I like my steak a true medium -- a thick warm band of pink in the center. I asked for that, and the server told me their medium was red and bloody in the center (which in every other steakhouse I've been to means medium rare) and suggested I have it medium well. I was concerned and voiced that to the server, fearing a well done steak and an irate chef. She assured me it would be fine. I am sure you know where this is going...

The steak was delivered by the food delivery person, not our server. Because I had ordered mine medium well, they had butterflied the meat so as to not completely destroy it. It was unattractive, and when I cut into it, even in the absolute center, it was well done. Not a bit of pink anywhere.

There was a table of two gentlemen sitting next to us, and our server came to their table no fewer than 4 times while we were waiting for our entrees to bring them alcohol, more rolls (pretzel rolls that were quite tasty), to ask how the food was (this happened within 30 seconds of delivery), and again to ask if all was well about 5 minutes after that.

We were two women who were not drinking. I know you may not believe it, but I have dined with a man and with a woman, and whenever it is two women and no men, we get lesser service. It's astonishing.

Sure enough, my well done steak was delivered and I waited and waited for her to appear to see if we were good. Except she never came. My companion was more than halfway through her meal (which was cooked to perfection, but rare is hard to mess up) so I decided to just start eating. The steak, in spite of being wildly overcooked, was good, as were the accompaniments.

Finally, about 8 minutes after the food arrived (which is about 6 minutes more than is acceptable) our server came by and said "Everything is cooked to perfection?" to which I replied no -- not at all. She was shocked and when I showed her my well done steak she was clearly flummoxed. She had no idea what to do or say to me. I had eaten about 70% of the meat and was not about to send it back at that point, and told her as much. There was no mention of compensation, she actually seemed offended that I was unhappy. It was not a good experience for me.

Overall the food was good. It's just overpriced. And medium steak eaters beware! The chef knows medium...you're server may not!

1  Thank BrooklynMusician
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is my favourite restaurant in the world. The staff are really friendly, the atmosphere is buzzing and the food is amazing. I have been around 6 times and its always the main restaurant I want to visit. Each time I have beef and barley soup with sourdough bread and steak with Yukon potatoes. One word to sum this up = yum!!!!! You must visit this restaurant!

1  Thank melcra2607
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Sizzling steaks with typical excellent Disney service = an outstanding option. We used it as part of our Disney Dining Plan. I recommend getting a reservation ahead of time, the place gets packed especially for dinner.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We booked our meal in January for our trip in May. I am very glad I did. This had to be the best steak we have ever had! The server was very knowledgable and assisted us with any questions we had. My husband thought he died and went to heaven and my kids really enjoyed the meal too! I can not say enough good things about the food. I had the steak and potato Pave. I cant wait to go back and I will be making my reservations well in advance. Worth two meal services!