“Great Steak-Poor service”

Ranked #165 of 3,898 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Le Cellier Steakhouse in the Canada Pavilion offers refuge to red meat lovers beneath the bustle of Epcot theme park in a setting inspired by the wine cellars of the grandest Canadian chateau-style hotels: Le Chateau Frontenac and Fairmont Chateau Laurier.At Le Cellier Steakhouse, feast on regional cuisine based on recipes from the provinces of Canada. Open for lunch and dinner, the restaurant features succulent prime rib and filet mignon from aged corn-fed beef, and pan-seared seafood, along with its signature dish, Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. The extensive children's menu aims to please the picky eater.Warm each meal with a fine Canadian wine, chosen from the vintages displayed in glass and wood cases surrounding the restaurant's intimate interior illuminated by ambient lighting. The dessert menu includes a chocolate ""moose"" with character.To ensure a seat at this celebrated cellar decorated with stone arches and candle chandeliers, make reservations up to 180 days in advance. Then head north for a sensational sizzling steakhouse experience
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a family party of twelve celebrating my grand daughters 11th birthday and were given a new waitress.A dinner which should have been tops 2hrs turned into 3 plus hrs;last party to leave.In fairness we all had 3 course meals,being on the Disney Deluxe Dinning plan.That also meant that a 18 percent gratuity was added on to what the meal actually cost.[1200$] a 200$ tip for mediocre service.This is supposed to be one of Disney Worlds top restaurants.When making reservations for it they asked if their are any special occasions to be celebrated I informed them of my gran daughters birthday.On arrival at the front reservations desk I told them of the birthday.Finally were having desert and notice they have forgot the birthday I go to the front desk again to remind them.They come out with a placard saying Happy Birthday place it on my gran daughters desert ice cream.Someone dropped the ball,the magical moment of my Emme's birthday celebration faded into something not so special.Grandpa's wishes were not full filled after all his planning.Yes,but the steak was great.

2  Thank QEP
Write a ReviewReviews (2,604)

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Can't fault the steak - the fillet was the best we've ever tasted by a long way! The service was also excellent - until you notice that the staff say pretty much exactly the same script to every guest, this was a bit disappointing as Disney makes such a point of giving individual service. Also, as soon as the bill was paid we felt as if we were expected to drink up and leave straight away. Overall, definitely worth a visit as the food is phenomenal but don't expect individualised service.

1  Thank LSteen
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We went as a party of 4 on a Friday evening. We had to wait for about 35 minutes even though we had reservations. This restaurant does not have a bar so we had to sit/stand in the front waiting area. I would have given this restaurant 5 stars but for the wait and lack of a bar. The drinks were terrible but the steaks were fabulous. We each ordered a different steak and they were all wonderful. The sides were great as well. The waitress was very accomadating. When she realized my daughter didn't like her side, she offered to bring out french fries. My daughter ate every last one! We were on the dining plan and we were allowed to order a cheese platter as a starter instead of a dessert which was very nice since at the end of the meal we were all pretty full. This was the best food of our vacation.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Rib eye twenty one days dry aged - out of this world! There were 9 of us for dinner. All except 3 had steaks. Every steak was thick cut, perfectly cooked to order, tender, tasty, no delicious. Everyone raved about their meals. Service was spot on. The only drawback was the soup. It was over seasoned. The server apologized and replaced our appetizer with another choice within minutes. The desserts were also great. However, the steak was so good, but so big, my wife could not finish hers. That became my dessert. I would have rated the food as excellent, but rate it VG because of the soup.

Three years ago, this was a 1 point restaurant on the dining plan. It is now 2 points, but well worth it.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This place was great! My wife, brother-in-law and his girlfriend came here for dinner while on a 8 day vacation to Disney. A friend of mine gave us this suggestion, since we all love steak, we gave it a shot.
We had to wait about 20 minutes past our reservation time to sit down, which wasn't bad seeing as the place was crowded and it was pouring out.
My brother-in-law's girlfriend and I had the pepper-crusted sirloin which was outstanding. The steak was cooked exactly how I wanted it. My wife had the mushroom filet, which, she also thought was excellent. My brother-in-law had the NY Strip and said it was great.
Yes, some reviews said it was a bit pricey, and it was. However, isn't that why you do research on restaurants first? I don't see why people gave this place a low score due to the price.
Either way, this is a great place with delicious food! I'd be back tomorrow if I could be.