“seafood!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lee & Rick's Oyster Bar

Lee & Rick's Oyster Bar
Ranked #386 of 3,745 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Palm Harbor, Florida
“seafood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

Got into town and stopped there for lunch. It was July fourth so it wasn't super busy and we sat at the bar. Food was great. Ordered a dozen oysters shrimp and clams. Oysters were a nice size and our waitress shucked them right in front of us. If you love fresh seafood then this is definitely a stop you should make.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank rou23

“Best oysters in Orlando!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Omggggggg talk about amazing oysters. If u go to Orlando make sure u visit this rustic, down to earth bar. Best fresh oysters, sweet shrimp, great servers !! James was awesome!dont look for a fancy place, look for good food, great vibes and good service!

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank tatysopyro
New Orleans
“There is a difference between a dive and a DUMP”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

First off, it's rare to fire off a review to torpedo a place. Unfortunately, I have no choice here. Second, I would not issue a negative review for something that I don't understand. Being from New Orleans, YES, I know small hole-in-the-wall local joints that offer great food, and, in particular great seafood. That said, Lee and Rick's is NOT one of them.

First off, as another reviewer also noted, the entrance to the place is a maze. The front door is so constricted and hidden, if you were traveling with anyone in a motorized chair, forget it.

Now, once we DID get in, the second thing was the pungent smell of oyster remains. Familiar with the old adage, "fresh fish doesn't smell fishy?" This place REEKED with a "lose your appetite" odor. We should have walked out at that point, but we decided (regrettably) to look past it and give it a shot.

The place is famous for its long raw oyster bar. But, we ordered crab cakes, shrimp and fish. If not for the smell, I would have had a dozen raw oysters. No way - not here.

Our waitress was also working behind the bar, shucking oysters. She had heavy gloves on and took them off to serve our table, but there wasn't any hand washing at all. When the kitchen had an order ready, they would literally shout it out, and eventually the waitress would leave her shucking post to grab it and bring it to the table. It was uncomfortable, and totally off-putting.

Our bill ended up being $80 for 5 people without any booze.

I get "beer and oysters." I also appreciate the local dive joint. Make no mistake, this place is a DUMP.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MojoDad
Orlando, Florida
“Delicious Local Seafood Joint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

A friend visiting from out of town wanted to experience a hole in the wall seafood restaurant. My native Orlando friends insisted that the only choice was Lee and Rick's. They were right! The restaurant is shaped like a boat! Love it. It's clean, kinda dark, with friendly service and fresh seafood. My friend ate the oysters. I don't do raw oysters. She said they were delicious. I highly recommend the smoked fish dip. Yum! We split a seafood boil. Healthy, finger licking goodness. It's a fun time.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MCOTravelor
Orlando, Florida
“Oysters and Beer. It's that simple.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

First I need to open with this - I have been coming to Lee and Ricks since I was 4 years old. My parents still tell the story of staying in a hotel while on a Disney vacation and they found the address for Lee and Ricks in a rolodex in the room. Yes, you read that right...I am dating myself with this review. We have every visit to Florida made the pilgrimage to sit at the poured concrete bar and eat buckets and buckets of steamed oysters since we were tall enough to crawl onto the bar stools.

Let's make one thing clear - this place is not high brow - it is exactly what you need from an oyster joint - fresh shell fish and ice cold beer. Now that I live in Orlando I am lucky enough to get a fix whenever I need one. The only time they have let me down is when they are out of oysters...it's seriously that good.

• Visited May 2014