“Barbeque for tourists at best”

Bubbalou's Bodacious Bar-B-Que
Ranked #269 of 3,853 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner at the Alafaya location after hearing that it was the best barbeque in Florida. I dined on a Monday night and the place was virtually empty. Maybe I'm spoiled because I get to eat barbeque in Austin, TX on a frequent basis, but the brisket I had was crumbled and somewhat dry. The different sauces are not marked well and by accident I ended up putting some nuclear hot barbeque sauce on the brisket to make it edible, which made it completely inedible for me. I did tell the server what happened and with no questions asked gave me a new batch of brisket. I was hoping to get some nice, smokey, tender brisket this time around, but it was the same dry crumbled mess. Very disappointing to say the least for $14. This place would not last a week in Texas. Sorry, this is not barbeque. Actually my local place in PA (Grumpy's) is exponentially better, and is packed every night.

There are newer reviews for Bubbalou's Bodacious Bar-B-Que

Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

On a whim we tried Bubbalou's our first night in Orlando and the food was amazing! It is welcoming and ordering is simple; a true BBQ place, focusing on BBQ and not fluff. The brisket and ribs were out of this world. We loved it so much that we made it our last dinner in Orlando as well; which by the way was a Friday night. If you go later it will be packed but they move you through pretty quick, it is well worth the wait. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I love their pulled pork basket which comes with two sides. The pork is placed on an excellent fresh, soft roll and is really juicy. I always add their mild bar b que sauce. One can select from a number of very good sides.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Oh my goodness! You would never expect to find a good southern bbq place in Orlando but we did! It was better than most bbq places in TN!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We have visited Bubba's Bodacious Bar-b-que every time we are in Orlando and have never been disappointed. It is a very unassuming strip mall type area, but apparently quite popular locally as it is always busy for lunch and dinner. My husband and I discovered "Bubba's" a few years ago and keep going back. The menu is very limited in that it is pretty much strictly bar-b-que pork and beef dishes and fried foods, not the healthiest for sure, but great tasting! The inside of the restaurant has expanded to include a screened in porch area for extra seating. It is very casual dining with picnic tables as the main seating. If you are looking for a quick, great lunch or dinner, this is the spot in Orlando! We love it and will visit again on our next trip South.