“Cheap and big portion!”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
London, United Kingdom
“Cheap and big portion!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

So since coming to Orlando and staying on the International Drive, my preconceptions of big portions of food wasn't there. Traveling out of the drive is where I needed to go and Bubbalou's was there to welcome me for a massive dinner!
Welcomed by who I assume as the owner behind the till, he told me the best selling dishes are the Texas Beef Brisket, the pulled pork and the baby back ribs. We ordered one of each dinners which includes to big slices of garlic bread, BBQ beans, coleslaw and crinkle fries. Best of all, each meal was $12-$16! The brisket was smoky, the pork was soft and flavoursome and the ribs were succulent and fell right off the bone.
The owner was super friendly, frequently coming over to tables to check on us as we'll as the waiters. Newspaper articles featuring the restaurant are displayed all over with numerous photos and artefacts, a very American restaurant!
Just after we left, I walked around the back where they smoked the meats and the smell of the hickory burned made me want to go back inside for round 2!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank TongoBongo

Essex
“Wonderful BBQ - friendly service, great with kids”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had a quick lunch here today - I visited Bubbalous last year when on holiday as I wanted to eat at an American BBQ restaurant. The food this year was even better and they were really good with my 2 year old daughter -giving her a free snow cone when we left. The Texas beef brisket and pulled pork was wonderful along with the best baked beans we have ever eaten - no frills decoration in the restaurant but gorgeous food and great service. We will be going back!!!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank deedee2205
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee
“BBQ restaurant that serves breakfast!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My family has recently relocated to the Orlando area. We found this place last Sunday by driving past. We saw the parking lot was packed so we thought that this was a sign of good food, and it was! After being seated the waitress asked us if we wanted to see the breakfast or lunch menu. Breakfast? It was 12:00 and besides I had NEVER heard of a bbq joint serving breakfast. We ordered lunch as that is why we went there.

My husband had the rib plate. The slab of ribs were great, fall off the bone and a yummy smoky taste. They had a choice of 4 bbq sauces on the table from mild to fiery. I tried them all. I prefer HOT so the fiery sauce was my favorite, however the sweet bbq sauce is excellent and my 3 year old kept dunking his fries into it! I ordered the pulled pork with garlic bread. This was by far the best sandwich I have had so far in Orlando, juicy, tender and smoky, The fiery sauce only made it better. The sides were not as great. Fries were fine. The baked beans had a good flavor but it was like eating mouthfuls of onions and my husband and son hate onions. The macaroni and cheese is something I looked forward to. I love baked macaroni and cheese. The mac & cheese was homemade but very bland, soggy, and I only ate 1 bite and my son spit his bite out.

Our waitress was friendly as was the cashier. The restaurant was clean although crowded. The seating was picnic table style. Most people were eating breakfast so it must be good. I will go back and try it next time we go out to breakfast. The prices were about the same as other bbq places I have went to.

• Visited March 2013
North Vancouver, Canada
“Refreshing change from the plastic world of Disney”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

After a few days in Orlando and Disneyworld, Bubbalou's was a refreshing change from the plastic world that we had experienced. The staff was friendly, the food was good and big, the beer was cold and the price was right.

• Visited March 2013
Brooksville, Florida
“Expected more from this famous bar b que place”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I expected more from this famous bar b que place. Sides were very small for the price and I ordered lamb that came out without any warm temperature at all. I told the server when they asked how everything was and nothing was done. Server also didn't even know what the food was. My wife had a shredded beef sandwich that was bland with hardly any taste. There was plenty of beef in the sandwich but seem to be missing the Bar B Que sauce.

Visited March 2013