“Nice atmosphere, food has been upgraded”

San Angel Inn Restaurante
Ranked #297 of 3,863 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At the San Angel Inn restaurant in Disney's Mexico Pavilion in Epcot you will be dining in perpetual twilight. The subdued lighting provides an intimate setting in this romantic restaurant modeled after a 17th Century hacienda that features traditional Mexican Cuisine for lunch and dinner, complimented by a great selection of traditional Margaritas, beer and wine. The restaurant blends the charm and distinction of old times with modern luxury. When seated in the rear of the restaurant, patrons can enjoy watching the boats of the La Gran Fiesta attraction go by. Mexican tile floors and stucco walls add to the authentic atmosphere. While sipping your Margarita and enjoying your meal, you'll feel as if you are at a Hacienda.
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We really enjoyed our lunch. Excellent margaritas. Food and service was good. Limited selections on the menu though.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Felt that the staff really didn't care about the customer. They were misleading trying to offer us stuff as if it was complimentary then it all showed up on our bill. An 18 percent gratuity is tackle on no matter what so I don't think the servers really care what they do.

1  Thank PghMBLover
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We ate here while visiting Epcot last month. What a lovely surprise and a great way to decompress from the activity in Epcot. The atmosphere allows one to take a breath and relax while having great service from the wait staff who serve up some of the best food I've had in awhile. We adults started off with cocktails. I would recommend the blood orange margarita. Very tasty. My nieces had the tacos from the children's menu and seemed quite content with that. I had the beef tacos plate as did my brother in law. The meat was delicious. I would definitely seek out this restaurant upon my next visit to Epcot.

2  Thank binkee_10
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Because of the price, I expected higher quality food and even bigger portions. I can never clean my plate at my hometown Mexican restaurant because they give you so much food. But here the servings were so small everyone in my family ate all their food. The food tasted good, but not great. I didn't like the salsa at all. The atmosphere is impressive, but it is at all restaurants in Disney World. I think for the price, the food should be more amazing.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

We had been wanting to eat here for years. We tried getting in a few years back but it was way too crowded. So my wife got a reservation for us and we arrived 5 minutes before our reservation time with our 2 kids after a long day at the parks. We waited 20 plus minutes for our reservation, if we wanted dinner later we would have booked later. Rude and out to lunch service. You can tell people keep showing up so they don't feel the need to service you.

So we got to our table, tons of open tables on the floor so poor managing of seating people. The menu was limited and the food we did order was not good. Not the worst food ever, but not even close to being good for the price. Did I mention our out to lunch waiter. Again not caring just like we were on an assembly line.

You are not missing anything going here, stop by to look in, ride the little water ride, and go somewhere else off disney for good food for a good price. Stay away this was terrible, food, choices, and service.

1  Thank bferrick974