“Atmosphere is Excellent”

San Angel Inn Restaurante
Ranked #301 of 3,777 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At the San Angel Inn restaurant in Disney's Mexico Pavilion in Epcot you will be dining in perpetual twilight. The subdued lighting provides an intimate setting in this romantic restaurant modeled after a 17th Century hacienda that features traditional Mexican Cuisine for lunch and dinner, complimented by a great selection of traditional Margaritas, beer and wine. The restaurant blends the charm and distinction of old times with modern luxury. When seated in the rear of the restaurant, patrons can enjoy watching the boats of the La Gran Fiesta attraction go by. Mexican tile floors and stucco walls add to the authentic atmosphere. While sipping your Margarita and enjoying your meal, you'll feel as if you are at a Hacienda.
Iowa City, Iowa
“Atmosphere is Excellent”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

After an extremely hot day at Epcot, we had reservations here for lunch. What a nice change of pace! It feels like you are eating at an outdoor fine dining establishment in Mexico in the evening. Not sure if those exist in Mexico or not, but it reminded me more of some of the cafes in Europe, especially Vienna as the water ride in Mexico runs right by the tables.

The food is fine. It isn't the best I've ever had, but it was suitable and no complaints. If you come here, it is almost assuredly for the ambiance.

• Visited September 2013

Ocean City, Maryland
“Wonderful Atmosphere / Romantic Dining”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We travel to Disney each year and always try and dine at San Angel Inn. We travel as a couple and enjoy authentic Mexican cuisine and romantic settings. The atmosphere is extremely romantic and we would highly recommend for couples. Don't miss the canal / indoor boat ride that operates from directly beside the restaurant. The atmosphere is wonderful, the restaurant is dimly lit to simulate a night-like outdoor setting, candles on the tables with an Aztec temple and volcano as the back drop. The restaurant is situated in a small Mexican town (all located inside a huge Aztec-style temple within World Showcase). Oh, don't miss the Tequilla Bar next to the restaurant. Have fun!

Visited July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food, Relaxing atmosphere”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We visited San Angel Inn at Epcot for lunch. It was a very hot day, and it was nice to sit in the cool air conditioning. The atmosphere was fantastic, it is a night time setting in a Mexican village, we sat by the water and it was very relaxing .Across the water were Mayan temples, you really feel like you are in Mexico. The tables are candle lit and it makes for a very relaxing experience. The food was great! but be warned that half of our party thought it was too spicey it was an even 50/50 vote, so if you like spicey its great. If not, I suggest somewhere else. The staff was very pleasant and good at what they do. I would go back.

Branchburg, New Jersey, United States
“Awesome special occasion dinner!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The San Angel Inn is inside the Mexico pavilion and decorated to look like you are dining under the stars. If you are lucky enough to get a waterside table like we did, you'll get to watch the boats going by. We celebrated my husband's birthday there and they treated him like royalty. They even have a special menu for Vegetarians which made my daughter very happy. Everything was delicious and authentic. The fish dishes were superb. Make sure to try the salsa verde with your tortilla chips. It's excellent.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Very good food, with a lovely atmosphere”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had lunch here during our recent vacation. I wasn't sure what to expect given some reviews I had read; however, we were pleasantly surprised.

The ambience is quite lovely, and my step-son was amazed by the decor and architecture. It is an excellent break from the heat and busyness of the parks in the middle of the day.

We started with chips and guacamole which was quite tasty. My husband and I both enjoyed it, and we are quite picky about our guacamole. For entrees, my husband and I both had carne asada tacos (I modified mine with corn tortillas and sauce on the side), and we both thought they were excellent. My step-son had chicken enchiladas (he doesn't always like to order off the children's menu) which he absolutely loved.

The service was adequate. Not superb, but good. The prices are typical for a Disney table service restuarant.

In summary, we enjoyed our meal. The food was very good, and the atmosphere added greatly to the experience.

1 Thank TurboTrolley