“Nice indoor restaurant”

Ranked #295 of 3,853 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At the San Angel Inn restaurant in Disney's Mexico Pavilion in Epcot you will be dining in perpetual twilight. The subdued lighting provides an intimate setting in this romantic restaurant modeled after a 17th Century hacienda that features traditional Mexican Cuisine for lunch and dinner, complimented by a great selection of traditional Margaritas, beer and wine. The restaurant blends the charm and distinction of old times with modern luxury. When seated in the rear of the restaurant, patrons can enjoy watching the boats of the La Gran Fiesta attraction go by. Mexican tile floors and stucco walls add to the authentic atmosphere. While sipping your Margarita and enjoying your meal, you'll feel as if you are at a Hacienda.
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is an indoor restaurant with a nice view of the shops, river ride, and pyramid. The staff is very helpful and friendly (as is always the case in Disney). I'm not usually a fan of Mexican food, wife chose this restaurant. But I'd have to say that I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed my meal. My kids (10 and 7) on the other hand did not. So if you have picky little one's then consider well the restaurant you pick.

Highly recommend making advanced reservations. The night we went was busy and cold outside, which drove people to the indoor restaurants. Even though we had reservations, we had to wait an extra 30 minutes. People without reservations where turned away.

There are newer reviews for San Angel Inn Restaurante

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The food was great and something for everyone. Highly recommend the shrimp tacos and the grilled shrimp appetizer.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had reservations but came early due to a lot of rain. No problem, they got us right in. We loved the fun view of the "volcano" and the pretend night. Our wait person was very friendly. We were seated next to a very nice family who had a meal plan. Since they were leaving the next day they asked if they could buy dinner for our son with the remainder of their plan. How sweet! It was fun and a good experience for a family. Oh - the food was good and presented very nicely!

1  Thank Susan P
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Hidden at Epcot within Mexico and literally within a Mayan Temple is this great spot to rest from getting in lines. Great atmosphere overlooking a temple and volcano with dark lighting and lanterns adding subtle lighting. Food was much better than standard tacos and huge variety of Mexican drinks. Service was good. Kept the chips and refills coming after a 90 degree day with the family.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was my second time eating at the San Angel Inn. The first time we waited for a seat by the water, which provided a lot of atmosphere and privacy. This trip we chose not to wait and were seated near the entrance of the restaurant. I have to say the atmosphere was just as enjoyable, but the tables were extremely close together. It did feel like we were dining with the couple at the next table and they even spoke to us on several occasions. So if you want privacy - wait for the waterside tables.

The dish I used to order was no longer on the menu, but since they did have quesadillas on the children's menu and as an appetizer I asked if it were possible to get a plain chicken and cheese quesadilla. The waiter was a bit rude in his response, hesitantly saying yes but he was going to have to charge me $18.99 for it. That was fine with me, as it was what I wanted and in line with entree prices on the menu although he made it seem like I was trying to order a kid's meal which was not my intention.

The quesadilla was delicious and my friend enjoyed her carne asada. We both ordered cheesecake for dessert and it was equally tasty.

I would definitely eat here again, but would wait for a waterside table for the extra privacy. You spend enough time surrounded by people in close spaces in the parks!

1  Thank anonymous9257