“Definite must-see for kids!”

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
Ranked #164 of 3,931 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater restaurant in Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park serves American cuisine for lunch and dinner that includes burgers, sandwiches, seafood, pasta, steak and salads. Pair your meal with a rich milkshake or, for Guests 21 years of age and older, domestic beer or a glass of wine.Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater: a Mad Scientists DelightIf you're feeling like a mad scientist while dining at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater restaurant, try a Cosmic Concoction, such as a thick shake mixed with either Baileys Irish Cream or peppermint schnapps. Then end your meal on a sweet note with a gooey dessert like a hot fudge sundae.Fabulous B-Movie Flicks in Sci-Fi Dine-In TheaterLike a night at the old drive-ins, servers at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater restaurant bring food to vintage '50s "convertible" tables as you watch '50s and '60s sci-fi and monster flicks on the big screen.Dine at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater under a nighttime sky filled with twinkling stars, while glow-in-the-dark ice cubes swirl in drinks. It's all part of the otherworldly ambiance that's hard to beat.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I ate lunch at the dine-in theatre and loved the atmosphere. It really looks like a true drive-in with all the cars parked and the stars out. The loop of sci-fi scenes playing are not scary at all for those with children and near the back of the theatre (by the food station), the lights are brighter. The food was good, not excellent, and proportioned well. I would definitely return with my boys on our next visit. As with every other restaurant, the service was fantastic and we only waited a few minutes to be seated.

1  Thank jessica m
Write a ReviewReviews (3,468)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We visited this restaurant last weekend. First we were there on a busy weekend however I had my reservations for over two months. Unfortunately we couldn't even enjoy the ambiance because they sat us in the very back of the theater and all you could hear was the kitchen noise. So I knew the food was suppose to be awful but I thought the atmosphere would overshadow this. Now when I read the other reviews about the food I thought who can ruin a hamburger.It really was the most bland thing I have ever had. Also the bun was old and it was only accompanied with about ten fries. Worst value ever for 15 dollars per sandwich.

1  Thank Amanda W
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had lunch at sci fi dine in theatre. Food is standard fare burgers shakes etc and was ok but the atmosphere is what makes this place. My kids loved sitting in the cars and watching the movies which made it worth it for us. Go for the atmosphere more than the food it was fun.

1  Thank lisa B
Reviewed February 14, 2013

What a neat little concept. The whole family loved it. Ordered some mixed drinks and they showed up glowing! Food was OK-Now i know I'm not a St Louis ribs fan but i still think its worth a try!

1  Thank WGRITravel
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

This place is a must see at Disney's Hollywood Studios!! The atmosphere is awesome!! You basically walk out of the park into an old time drive in! The lights are dim and stars are out. You sit in a 50's style car to eat!! The "movie playing" is old sci-fi movies and cartoons etc. the food is excellent! I HIGHLY recommend the salmon BLT! The waitress we had was GREAT and very sweet to my girls! It was such a fun place!! So glad we tried it!

1  Thank Brittandkell