“Enjoyable meal but not entirely satisfied”
Review of Stonewood Tavern & Grill - CLOSED

Stonewood Tavern & Grill
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We have been going to Stonewood regularly for years, recently Tuesday night. I ordered the Bowtie pasta and asked for the chicken on the side because whenever I order it without chicken they still charge me the full price - so might as well give the chicken to someone else in my party. This visit I asked if I could switch my garlic bread for fries they said that would be ok. However, when we got the bill they had charged for the fries as a full-size side item. You have to ask if you want bread. I think some dishes are worth the money and some not. I also wish they would add to the menu as it has been the same for years.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

It's great to be able to go out for dinner close to home. Last night was no exception and I ordered the lamb chops. Cooked to perfection, 3 of them with asparagus and garlic mashed potatoes. The pretzel roll was to die for and the service was terrific. Prices have been rising but overall I am still pleased with the quality.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Travel to orlando for years and would always visit. This recent visit was the last time. The condition of the restaurant has changed, its not being up kept anymore. Dirty looking and tired. Why are they not updating or even just keeping up in great condition?? The food quality has changed as well, just about average to poor- the service was just okay as well. Used to be much better in all ways- Just sad to see one of my favorites go down hill so quickly- I used to love it since it was in a year round neighborhood and away from all the busy of orlando- now I assume it will slowly empty out- its used to be a huge wait, now you can just walk in- Just really sad but wanted to let people know before they are disappointed.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The Dr Phillips Orlando restaurant is the one I'm reviewing here. This used to be the best casual dining around. Unfortunately, that was several years ago. We now try it every 6 months hoping that the food quality will improve. It actually gets worse every time and more expensive to the point that they will never see us again.

Our last visit this week was an awful experience. To begin with a small point the decor is tired and the tables and chairs even in the dark atmosphere are noticeably worn out.

The most important point of course is the food served cold from standing. The meals were sent back and returned microwaved and the chicken with the bite out still on the plate.

Really a poor choice.

1  Thank astonman1
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Food and Drinks are a little expensive
Missed happy hour by 5 minutes and they were not just a little flexible with times.
Substitutes of Rice for fries is greeted with a "there is an extra dollar to do that "
Really a $120.00 dinner and I'm asked for an extra dollar.
Shame that they cannot be flexible.

Made the food seem very average when you want to enjoy it
Won't rush back and used to go 4 or 5 times a year