“Just ok”

Smokey Bones Bar & Fire Grill
Ranked #929 of 3,776 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Smokey Bones, we specialize in three things: good food, good drinks, and good times. We are a bar and fire grill, but not necessarily in that order. We are grill masters who respect the power of the open flame. We like simple, yet flavorful recipes and believe marinating is not to be taken lightly. We know medium-rare isn't the only way to cook a steak, but believe it should be. We believe pork should be slow smoked and pulled often. Slow, as in 11 hours over hickory logs every night, and often, as in every day at every restaurant. We know it's our bartenders who make our drinks great, not the liquor. Although the liquor doesn't hurt. We think beer should be ice cold and consumed regularly. We know our servers bring much more than food to the table. We are big fans of sports, loud music, and surprises. And we believe in laughing often, especially at ourselves
Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Just ok”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

There wasn't anything particularly wrong with our experience, it's just that there want particularly anything great about it. Food was ok...although it took forever to arrive. Our waiter was nice and friendly and started out sting but faded as the meal progressed. I think they sat too many tables on him as we ended up basically being ignored after our food finally arrived. I'm sure you could find a worse place to eat...but I'm sure you could also find better.

• Visited March 2013

Houston, Texas
“Fast food would be better”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Went there with a group a couple of nights ago. Service was terrible, music was obnoxiously loud, food was mediocre. I ordered a stacked baked potato and salad. They messed up the order (along with other orders) and when the potato finally arrived it was the smallest potato I've ever seen. When its offered as an entree you expect a good size spud right? And it was dry and was served with small amount of pulled pork and a tiny bit of cheese...not enough to counter the dryness. If you have low standards you'll love this place.

Iowa
“Great burgers!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Starving, we found Smoky Bones as we came out of the grocery store. Headed over for something to eat. I ordered a specialty burger and it was delicious. I think they are known for their ribs but I'd go for a burger again any day.

• Visited January 2013
illinois
“Great Bar-B-Que”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We ate twice at the Smokey Bones on E. Colonial. Both times, the food and service were exceptional. We ordered the brisket, pulled pork, chicken, and sausage (spicey) and were not disappointed at all. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants to experience very good food at a reasonable price. A couple words of caution: it is a sports bar/restaurant and it is very crowded at peak times so there will be a wait. They do not take reservations.

• Visited December 2012
orlando
“Do not get the Ribs”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

The last time I had been to Smokey bones for ribs was about 3 years ago and I still remembered how good they were. So when I went last week I was greatly disappointed. I went on a Saturday night and they were very busy. we sat down and ordered expecting it to be a little wait and the ribs came out in about 5 minutes. They were very hard and almost impossible to pull apart. I ate one rib and it was hard and tough, when the waitress came back I told her and she replaced them, the new ribs were a little softer but nothing like ribs should be. It tasted like they had cooked them a few hours earlier and had them sitting under lights that dried them out. Them when I ordered they were quickly placed on the grill to reheat.

I would never go back here again, they seem to have forgotten how to prepare food.

• Visited December 2012