“outstanding chop house”
Review of Kres Chophouse

Kres Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Kres Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 3,924 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Orange Avenue
Transit: Downtown Orlando has a complimentary bus system that loops the downtown area and is available on late nights when there are special events happening at the Bob Carr Performing Arts Center, Amway Arena, etc. The "LYMO" bus system stops on the corner of Church Street and Orange Avenue adjacent to Kres Chophouse.
Description: The present and past pair beautifully at Kres Chophouse, a classic, top tier Steakhouse with a modern eclectic flair. This premier Steakhouse embodies the heart of Orlando's historic district, featuring chic and elegant décor within the striking architecture of a 1930's landmark. A thoughtful layout with luxurious banquettes and private dining options create an intimate dining atmosphere. Located in the center of downtown. 5 minute walk to the Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts and the Amway Center. A few blocks to the NEW Soccer Stadium and a short complimentary bus ride to the Camping World Stadium.
Reviewed October 12, 2012

in the heart of downtown orlando. simply a wonderful experience. hostess was polite and quickly seated my party. our waiter was prompt, informative, had a delightful attitude, and was really good. the food is simply outstanding. we had everything from seafood to pork to steaks. everyone was well pleased.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I recently went to the Kres Chophouse as everyone refers to the restaurant for a company event. A friend and I were the first to arrive so we started a tab at the bar. There was no bartender for the first 3 or 4 minutes and then finally a lady arrived to take our drink order. After sitting in the bar for about 45 minutes our party of 20 was seated in the back of the restaurant for dinner. I had the NY 16 along with several different apps and deserts for the table. My fav was their while chocolate bread pudding! I would avoid this place for a happy hour, but as far as dinner at a nice steakhouse this place has my vote.

2  Thank ProfessorRob
Reviewed August 30, 2012

great steaks, great place for a date. it is however right next door to a few night clubs, so getting there after 8 PM, requires walking through crowds of rowdy party goers. food is good, service was adequate. a bit pricey.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Went here for our first meal in Florida and were very pleased. Food was lovely, we both had steak from the specials, forget what it was called exactly but it was so good. I liked mine a bit more than my gf did but i could have kept eating for hours. Liked the decor, atmosphere and the setup, we didnt book in advance and just came across so always a gamble but definately paid off. Have to mention the service which was first class, only niggle was the mains came literally a second after we had eaten the last bite of our starters but no big deal. I read alot of comments on the price(after having ate there) but coming from the UK, it was very reasonable for what we got. Id pay that any night of the week for a meal like that.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I've been to this restaurant 3 times in the past few months and am never disappointed. All I can say is "try the Lobster Bisque," everything else is secondary (on my first visit I ordered it two times). This is a steakhouse, their seafood is good, but not out of this world, if you want a great steak, this is the place.

1  Thank Will C