“It's an ok place”

Ranked #295 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
jthompson82
“It's an ok place”
Reviewed January 6, 2010

I think that every place has it's faults. I like that they have armed security 24hrs 7 days. From the late reviews this hotel has changed a bit. The rooms are not super big but big enough for a family of three to four. It is located on a busy intersection and you do have lots of places you can go to. I would not recommend going out alone at night because you may be safe in the hotel area but not outside the place. The only thing I do miss is have a full size fridge. Other then that it is ok for a few nights stay.

There is no pool but you do have a bowling alley within walking distance, supermarkets, fast food places, Florida Mall and about 5 to 10 mins from Universal Studios, Island of Adventure and Sea World. About 15 mins from Downtown Disney and Disney World.

Again it is located in a good area if your talking about what it's surrounded by but if your going out at night don't go by yourself.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jthompson82

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Costa Rica
Reviewed April 17, 2009

We stayed there for shopping at Orlando, and it was more than what we expected for the rate payed. Off course it's not a Hilton, but it had all we need: a little kitchen, fridge, clean and comfortable room. We really did not spent the day at the hotel, but it was cool for sleeping, excepting for the house keeper lady that was knocking not in a friendly manner all mornings during the stay (one week).
Besides security was present the whole time, staff was acceptable, and I think this is a good deal if you are looking for a place to sleep. Ver near to Florida Mall and most Orlando atractions.
I would stay there again if needed

• Stayed April 2009
7 Thank Carcia
Penssylvania
Reviewed February 14, 2009

Me and my wife where a bit hesitant to go even thought we already payed cause we read all this negative reviews here, she even told the taxi driver that we might not get off the taxi if it looked to bad, lol but it was ok :)

The area is nice, the hotel is ok me and my wife where there for a night we had to go to orlando international airport the next morning, the bus stop was almost infront of the hotel and despite all the scarry reviews read here days before, we where satisfied. It seems like there was security issues in the past but we saw 2 security vehicles in the entrance and the security guards where nice . We were happy to see them almost all night.

Aparently some ppl live there in the back rooms but they all seemed ok no noises no loud music.there was a lady wondering around outside of the hotel in the street, she was kinda wierd but smily :) didnt mess with us at all while we where walking that night to eat and shopp.
NIce area lots of retaurants and groceries.

For the money I payed and how close it was to the airport I give it a 8 out of 10. it was clean and nicely equipped.

• Liked — the price and relatively close to airport
  • Disliked — no person on counter at 7:30am only guard outside
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank 31malehispanic
Mesa, AZ
Reviewed April 21, 2008

From the moment we saw the property we (myself and two business associates) knew this would not be good. We wanted a spot close to a meeting room in the area, but instead opted to rent a car and stay elsewhere.

The rooms were small, run down, and absolutely filthy. There were "shady" people (and that's putting it nicely) hanging around everywhere, most looked like either homeless or drug addicts. The fence surrounding the property has three-strand barbed wire on top. The door chain in one of the rooms and been relocated at least 4 times, it looked like the room had been broken into. I doubt the "security guard" could or would do much to protect anyone, in fact he told us we were smart for going somewhere else. Very Scary.

The three of us are not small men, nor are we easily intimidated, but we honestly were in fear for our safety. The locals have a name for this neighborhood, they call it "The OBT." We heard the police don't even like to venture into The OBT.

Stay as far away from this place as you can. Its dangerous!

• Liked — Nothing! The whole experience was awful!
  • Disliked — It is a lum for homeless, drug addicts and prostitutes
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank MesaBusinessMan

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

Freeport, Bahamas
Reviewed July 12, 2006

My wife and I were slated to stay here for five nights in July 2005. Before we left home I call the location to inquire if the office would be open when we got there as we were arriving after 7:00 pm. They said yes. However, when we got there the place was closed and we had to wait for a security officer walking around the place to get someone (should have beeb the first sign)

The hotel is located on a busy highway in a nice area, however, when we pulled off the road into the hotel parking lot it was lie we were in a totally different area. There were people who appeared to be just hanging out around the hotel. There were all sort of "characters" around the place.

After we checked in and moved up the stairs, people were all out on the sitting on the stairs and standing walkway and leaning over the railings hanging out, smoking and playing loud music from their cars and rooms.

When we opened the door and stepped into the room, my wife turned right around went back downstairs and demanded our money back as the room was TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. The writing on the wall, the broken down furniture, the bathroom, left a lot to be desired. The desk clerk was curious as to why we were checking out and one of the persons on the outside remarked, who wouldn't check out, you see the look of the rooms.

We didn't even stay for 10 minutes. We high tailed it out of there and checked into the Days Inn just past Florida Mall which was much better.

If you are a single man who can taking the chaffing, then its okay for you. However, of you have a family, especially young children, I won't recommend it.

• Stayed July 2005