“Bonnet Creek was perfect for our family vacation”

Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
Ranked #89 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 26, 2009

We stayed at Bonnet Creek March 14th-21st and had a wonderful stay. We are Wyndham owners and had heard about Bonnet Creek from many people at other resorts we had stayed at and figured we would love to give it a shot... we were not at all disappointed. Though we didn't get the room above the 4th floor facing fireworks, as it turns out, we would have been facing the parking lot and not the lake, so we were not at all disappointed- we have seen fireworks plenty of times. Everything is so well maintained. From the front lobby where you check in, to the rooms, they keep this place very nice.
We were in a building right above the miniature golf and pool area on the 4th floor and though I wondered if it might be a little loud- it NEVER was. The pool was heated, so for the couple of cool evenings that we experienced, we were still able to swim and there is also a good sized hot tub. There is a bar right there at the pool that also sells food- we bought pizza (large cheese-$14.00) and it was really good- A LOT of people were buying pizza and either eating it there by the pool at the tables, or taking it to their rooms. There are gas grills for bbqing and they were clean! (we saw them actually get cleaned)
If you are into it, there is Karioke a couple of the nights and though it is cute at first (mainly young kids performing) I would say 3 hours is way too long to have to hear any Karioke, but that is just me. Rec room-great Maintenance was called to put a battery in our smoke dectector since it was chirping, and they were there in 15 minutes (this was at 9:00pm too) I will definately be staying here again and we already have plans to send family there this summer for their vacation. One other thing- there IS construction going on at this resort (it's going to be amazing when finished) but we were never at all inconvenienced by it at all. You can see them working, but hardly ever hear anything and they are done by 3:00 or 4:00 in the afternoons-

4  Thank Julia R
Write a ReviewReviews (3,927)

Reviewed March 24, 2009

This resort suited our family trip perfectly. I would say it was the best resort we have ever stayed at. With that said there are some drawbacks that may not make this the perfect fit for you and your trip plans.

Our trip was to hit the parks for 2 days and relax at our resort for the rest of our time. We were there from March 14th-21st. We are not owners; rather we rented our 2 bedroom unit from a Wyndham Owner. We have 3 children ages 7, 5 and 3. The resort was busy, but you could usually find a good spot at the pool. The reasons why I felt this place was perfect was that it had everything we were looking for.

It was a newer resort so there wasn’t any worry about being placed in the “old run-down” section of the resort upon arrival like you have the worry of at other places. The Rooms were very clean and furnishings newer and in working order. No broken items or mold growing in corners. The two bedroom unit had ample room for our family. The master suite was very large and had a 2 person Jacuzzi tub as an added perk. Beds were very comfortable in my opinion but I know this is very subjective depending on the type of person you are. TV’s in every room were also nice. The furniture was nice looking and solid and still in great condition, no cheap neon wicker in the tacky Florida theme like you see elsewhere. The Kitchen had everything that you would need for a basic stay. Don’t plan on cooking a Thanksgiving meal there, but the basic cooking supplies will be more than enough for the average stay.

The resort has 2 pool areas and a lazy river along with a splash pad for younger ones. One of the pools does have a zero entry so that is also great for smaller children and the other one has a water slide for the older ones. The pools are heated so that is a huge bonus in my opinion for the non summer months. They are also open until 10pm so you can have late night swimming after the parks. The resort also does have an 18 hole mini golf course and the best part it is FREE!! You do have to go to the main building to get the putters though. It’s not the best course but hey, it’s free and give you something to do!

There is a bar at the resort located by pool with the slide. You can order pizza and to-go sandwiches from them. There is also a cantina style deli located in the main building that has burgers and such. There is also a very small gift shop that does sell basic items, like eggs, milk, beer, etc... As can be expected, all these shops sell at an inflated price, so it does pay to make a trip to the grocery store which there are a couple a few miles away.

The location is ideal for trips to Disney. You are basically staying on site as you are right next to Disney’s Caribbean beach. You do not get the same perks as a Disney resort such as transportation, etc... And you don’t have all the Disney themes, so if you’re looking for that, this isn’t the place, but I can only take so much of the mouse. You are also only a minute or two drive to Epcot, the Studios, Downtown Disney and Typhoon Lagoon. Depending on which building you’re in, the direction you’re facing and number of stories up, you can see the Epcot Ball and the firework show each night.

The resort does have bus service to the Disney parks free of charge, but we never used them. They did look crowded every time I saw them and do run on a limited schedule.

Like many say, there is construction going on. You do hear it from time to time but it’s nothing major. Once it’s all completed there will be 3 more buildings and 3 more pool areas added so the pool choices will be great.

If you are looking for a high upper class resort, this one may not live up to your standards. If you want all mouse all the time, again, it’s not going to meet your expectations. If you won’t have a car with you, I wouldn’t recommend it either as then you are held hostage to the $5 dollar beers, limited dining options, and minimal and scheduled park transportation. This place is a timeshare so expect some pressure, but unplug the phone and know where your going and it will be ok. Since this is a timeshare there is no daily maid service unless you pay for it. Again, manage your expectations and it will be fine.

I think this place is great for families and couples. If your looking to Party like college spring breakers then its probably not for you.

Make sure to call a week or so in advance to request a room, you may or may not get it but its worth a shot. If you don’t want a parking lot view, make sure to ask for a lake view. If you want to see the Epcot fireworks ask for the highest floor you can get. The Torre del Viento and Torre del Mar seem to have great Lake and Firework views. I think the best firework view though would be from the Torre del Cielo from one of their top floors. You wouldn’t have a lake view, but you are the building closest too and highest up to epcot.

We were in the Torre del Mar building with lake and firework view on the 4th floor. We did have some tree obstruction but could see them pretty well. Higher up and the trees were not an issue and you could see well. We watched them from the lobby on the 9th floor. Since the Cierlo building about 18 stories you can see why it would be better.

There are some rooms in the main building (Puerto De Leon) so those are good if you want to be close to the splash pad, lazy river and zero entry pool, but you also get the noise of the main building.

The resort is kind of big so there is a bit of walking from building to building so be aware of this and try to pick your building accordingly. They is a Golf cart shuttle that drives people around the resort so that is an option, but you have to call for it or get lucky that is where you want it to be when you need it.

All in all I would Highly recommend this resort to anyone. You wont have any worries about the quality. But if some of the items that I described don’t meet your needs then I wouldn’t stay and are probably the reason for some of the very negative reviews you read. However I don’t think you can find a better resort for the price.

Feel free to email if you have any questions!!

10  Thank KY2000
Reviewed March 14, 2009

We have a 22 month and 4 month old and this resort was perfect. Splash pad, playground, wading area in pool, mini golf, kitchens. Fantastic for naps etc. "Major construction" on confirmation was noted but besides seeing it - there was no problem. We weren't in a building next to the tower being built though. Request your room be in the building next to the playground and you will be near everything. The only problems with this resort are that there are no restaurant options (pizza and fast sandwich outlet only) and there's not enough shade umbrellas in the splash pad area. Overall a perfect trip. Wouldn't recommend it for singles or couples looking to party - there's nothing to do - no bar etc.

1  Thank JcamToronto
Reviewed March 12, 2009

Stayed here last yr in july and going back again this yr in may with 8 of my closets friends we had so much fun my nephew who was 16 at the time had fun wanted to go back my g/f didnt want to leave. i dont see wat all the gripein is about u dont wanna do the tour unplug your phone go on about your day no worries at all

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank Familycircle
Reviewed March 10, 2009

The good part is that as a stand alone resort it's great! However, the bus service is really bad. We had a handicap person with us, and had to call 2 hours early to get a bus, and some days they could not send a bus with handicap capabilities. Even without that they have anywhere from 3 to 5 buses a day for any one park.
**when we stay at the Boardwalk Vacation Villas, there are buses to everywhere every 5 minutes and every bus is handicap capable. Also, all the rooms are attached to the lobby.
Since the reason for the trip was Disney, that was a major factor.

If I had it to do over, I would stay on Disney property at one of the vacation resorts.

• Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed March 9, 2009

The Wyndham was very nice. Great location and amenities. The free shuttles were a nice touch and we used them over our 4 night stay. The heated pool was a home run as a cold spell hit over our vacation and the Kids could still enjoy the water.
The only slight negative was the appliances; the HVAC, dishwasher, microwave and washer and dryer were all pretty loud, a small negative just the same but if you ran any of these two at the same time it was comical.

1  Thank concertguy
Reviewed March 8, 2009

Made my reservations last fall. I was told I had to pay extra for housekeeping points. OK, no big deal. I was reserving 3 rooms and was told I would have to pay $25 to get the other 2 rooms into my other guests names. Again, not a big deal. I called today to do this- a month and a half before my vacation. Oh, that fee has changed!

NOW- I have to pay $129 per room to get the name changed. That is a 500% increase over what I had been originally quoted.

SHOULD HAVE BOOKED WITH DISNEY!!!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family